The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

4g63 to 4g64

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olschooltuner

Probationary Member
Nov 6, 2012
saint joseph, Missouri
I know this has probably been answered but I cant find any clear answers:
Car is a 97 spyder gs with 2.4 sohc head has burnt valves burning 1gt oil every two days block is good 180 across the board on psi test.
I am currently building a 2.4 Dohc but with the cost of what im wanting to do its going to be about 6 months to a year before its ready.
I have a 1g complete head intake manifold maf cas and exhaust mani basically the whole top half of a 1g dohc (4g63)
I dont want to run a turbo so do I need to swap ecus or just do the injector resistor pack and cas rewire or do I need to run the 1g ecu as well?
Also the head gasket and timing belt kit I need to buy is going to be for a 1g 4g63t correct?

the 4g64 block is taller than the 63 block. i believe its 6mm taller, so in that case in order to run the 63 head and 64 block you would need a 94 galant dohc timing belt not the 1g. the galant timing belt has one more tooth to make up for the difference of the deck height.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back