The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

457hp/400tq on E85 mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxR6guy

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 18, 2006
Haltom, Texas
Well were do i start, Well my buddys car is 90 eagle talon with following mods:

Engine:

1. Stock 1g rods
2. JE 9:1 pistons
3. ACL tri-metal Bearings
4. Balance/Blueprinted

Head: Mild Port/Polish Job
1.Stock Valves
2.BC Springs/Retainers
3.3g lifters
4.HKS 272/272

Turbo:
1. Fp Green
2. 28psi
3. Tial blowoff/Tial Waste Gate

Exhaust:
1.FP Manifold
2.Custom O2
3. 3' exhaust

Tuning:
Maft Gen-2

Fuel:
1.single 255 wally pump-wired
2.Injector 650cc

We have been running 93 oct for little bit now, he bought the car with the following mods allready on the car and the previous guy made 365hp 93oct @ 22psi on a so so tune, so in the last year we have been kinda cleaning the car up, fixing boost leaks and half ass o2 houseing and basiclly fixing and fine tuneing his half ass work on the car.

So after still getting ton of knock on 93 oct, we decided to try the 80/20 mix "80% 93oct- 20%E85" and see what we can do till he gets larger INJ, so after that the Knock has gone away and finally able to crank up the FPGreen to its sweet spot of 28psi, the car has been a nite and day difference.

We then take it to the dyno to see what she does now, last week dyno wasnt so good the car dynoed @ 365Hp to 5600rpm and fell off after that as fast as it was gaining but the AFR was right on the $$ and no knock , so we figured it's pulling timeing or something is minor wrong, So we decided to dbl check the Timing and saw the previous owner had it set @ -10 Ooops that could be the problem hahah so we set base timing 5 dg and well the difference was 92.83 hp gain. Took it back to the dyno today to net 457 awd hp. But it was still dropping off a lil after 5600 rpm we figure it's running out of fuel and inj maxing out.

Overall we were extremely happy with the results, we only expected to put out 400hp at the most, so were shocked to see that.

I think once we get the Fuel takeing care of i could truthfully see this car putting out 470-480hp possibly.

I maybe leaving out stuff so ask away, btw check out the shop Temp on the dyno sheet :)

Attachments

• Heath Dyno.jpg
    Heath Dyno.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 614
Yeah they had 2 floor fans on it, but it was still hot as hell in that building.

My new setup is not finished
very similar to yours (8.7:1 mahle pistons)
but I'll probably have 8.4:1 with the 4 layer head gasket and chamber work

Were you using any other tuning besides the MAFT?

and where is Haltom is relation to Houston?

thanks

No other tuning other than maft.

Haltom City is a suburb of Ft.Worth.

That's good to know... I think a lot of people underestimate the stock ECU's adaptability..
My last DSM had almost 300hp, no MAFT or afc... ran fine plugs looked normal.. idle was rich though

This car has just a MAFT (actually a TRE MASC)... Looking for closer to 400 at the crank but I probably won't be turning the boost up till I get a FMIC

Wow my sister lives in Fort Worth... we go up there all the time:thumb:

Texas guys cool deal. Yall on Htown-dsm.com or houston-dsm.org ?
Nice numbers, Ill be putting a video up soon of mine being tuned in Houston when my tranny goes back in. Should be in the 550AWHP mark

Im on DallasDsm.org its not my car its my friends car and he's on that board, we have been to most of the Races at ennis, not running his car has a bad 2nd gear synchro we will be out this Friday at Ennis running w/ bad 2nd gear synchro look for Red talon Heaths car.

So were these numbers produced on straight E85 or just a few gallons of it in with the 92 octane pump gas?/ Very nice numbers either way. I've been thinking about adding a few gallons of pump to my E85 when i fill up just so i can sae some IDC. I just worry about inconsistant mixes throwing the tune off constantly.

He hasnt changed his tune at all other than fixing the timing problem, we get in and drive :)

Running 80% 93oct and 20% E85 every time.

Yeah thats what the dyno guy said it was out of fuel, we figured that was the problem anyways.

He hasnt changed his tune at all other than fixing the timing problem, we get in and drive :)

Running 80% 93oct and 20% E85 every time.

Yeah thats what the dyno guy said it was out of fuel, we figured that was the problem anyways.

where are you buying e85 from? I can find gas for 3.75 a gallon, but no e85

:cry: The cheapest gas here is $4.33 a gallon and STILL no E85!

I didn't notice a FMIC listed on the mods, but with that FP Green I couldn't imagine not having one... what size or brand is your friend running? I'm thinking the intake temps must be outrageous.

:cry: The cheapest gas here is $4.33 a gallon and STILL no E85!

I didn't notice a FMIC listed on the mods, but with that FP Green I couldn't imagine not having one... what size or brand is your friend running? I'm thinking the intake temps must be outrageous.

Sorry thanks for pointing that out it's a ETS Race FMIC.

hey kyle just put down 511hp and 465lbs at 30psi on the td05 20g.
stock 6bolt bottom and all the other mods(too much to list) and e85.

On a front wheel dyno right?

Yeah i saw that those where good #, we should have no problem hitting 500 once injectors are replaced.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back