The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

420a bogging need help bad!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rideyamaha287

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2008
Las cruces, New_Mexico
alright guys i need help really bad, i have the 420a talon with turbo and built motor from the ground up and i have the portfueler setup and my car boggs really bad when it starts to build boost.It wont even boost, It feels like its missing?? i have changed coil packs from msd 2 stock and wires, 02 sensor, cam position sensor, map. i dont know what else to do so if you maybe know what it is id appreciate the input thanks...the check engine light is on and it shows it could have skipped a tooth on timing but its a pretty new motor maybe 5000 miles on it.I just dont wanna replace every sensor so please help me...oh and i do have fcd so i dunno...:pray:.

alright guys i need help really bad, i have the 420a talon with turbo and built motor from the ground up and i have the portfueler setup and my car boggs really bad when it starts to build boost.It wont even boost, It feels like its missing?? i have changed coil packs from msd 2 stock and wires, 02 sensor, cam position sensor, map. i dont know what else to do so if you maybe know what it is id appreciate the input thanks...the check engine light is on and it shows it could have skipped a tooth on timing but its a pretty new motor maybe 5000 miles on it.I just dont wanna replace every sensor so please help me...oh and i do have fcd so i dunno...:pray:.

What are your AFR's when this happens? If you dont have a Wideband, go get one and figure that out. I would bet you are having an issue with your AFR and thats all it is..

+2 on the timing. you could bend or break a valve and i had that happen a very very expensive problem.

ive talked to mechanics and they said it would have a hard time starting if it was timing. It runs good just until it starts to boost. i dont know my air fuel ratio but i have a aem wideband that i need to install it already.

ive talked to mechanics and they said it would have a hard time starting if it was timing. It runs good just until it starts to boost. i dont know my air fuel ratio but i have a aem wideband that i need to install it already.

umm heres a thought try colder spark plugs. had the same issue, i built 5 psi and anything over would start to bogg and load up. i used 2 steps colder plugs and it cured all my illnesses.... and yes an FCD would be ideal!!!!!! chances are not having an FCD is your problem.....

umm heres a thought try colder spark plugs. had the same issue, i built 5 psi and anything over would start to bogg and load up. i used 2 steps colder plugs and it cured all my illnesses.... and yes an FCD would be ideal!!!!!! chances are not having an FCD is your problem.....

what exact plugs do you run. i have a FCD also so i hope i could be the plugs ive tried almost everything...

Pretty sure he said he had a FCD.
Its worth a shot on the plugs, I doubt that will completely fix your problem though. Get that Wideband setup, and figure out where your AFR's are. I am willing to bet it has something to do with that. If not, I would move onto timing. But you say that the car is running fine until boost. If the timing was off it would be a more consistant problem.

Good luck either way!

Pretty sure he said he had a FCD.
Its worth a shot on the plugs, I doubt that will completely fix your problem though. Get that Wideband setup, and figure out where your AFR's are. I am willing to bet it has something to do with that. If not, I would move onto timing. But you say that the car is running fine until boost. If the timing was off it would be a more consistant problem.

Good luck either way!

thats what i think too the portfueler. I dunno this setup has been nothing but problems i guess i need to wait for a new wideband the aem one i had took a dump on me:(. next pay check i guess until then it just gonna be a sitting duck.....:notgood:

missing link/fcd? when this happend to me, i found my PF was not even doing anything, it wasnt setup right/turned on.. so u could be boosting and no fuel, hence we need to see your afr...

whats ## vac @ ide? if timing were off ## idle would be pretty lopey and less then ~15in Hg.. if ## cars runin fine until boost time, then id look at map (mayb ## missing link or fcd is not set right), or the PF isnt on/ set up correctly

missing link/fcd? when this happend to me, i found my PF was not even doing anything, it wasnt setup right/turned on.. so u could be boosting and no fuel, hence we need to see your afr...

whats ## vac @ ide? if timing were off ## idle would be pretty lopey and less then ~15in Hg.. if ## cars runin fine until boost time, then id look at map (mayb ## missing link or fcd is not set right), or the PF isnt on/ set up correctly

my idle lately has been jumping aroung is that what you mean lopey? i doesnt stay constent.. do you think it could be my timing..?:rolleyes:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back