The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 3g Rear Knuckle on a 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the 3g seems to have the same setup as the 2g. some of the parts have been changed from stamped steel (2g) to a tubular design. there is a small difference in the upper arm specs. As far as i know the rear brake setup is the same also. the 2000 3g knuckle has the same part number as a 2g. 2001+ has a few different part numbers but im not sure what is different about them.
.....................................2g...........................................................................................................................................3g.......................................................

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

possibly. the part numbers are different. the difference may only be the mounting brackets. I have a 3g in the driveway so if i have time i will check tomorrow.

i noticed that
the models with the 2.4L engine (RS, GS) only come with drum brakes in the rear.

the 3.0L V6 equipped car have the exact same rear disc brakes as a 2g.

possibly. the part numbers are different. the difference may only be the mounting brackets. I have a 3g in the driveway so if i have time i will check tomorrow.

i noticed that
the models with the 2.4L engine (RS, GS) only come with drum brakes in the rear.

the 3.0L V6 equipped car have the exact same rear disc brakes as a 2g.
Thank you! I'm just making sure before I visit the junkyard. If they're both the same style for disc, I'm guessing I can also do the Outlander BBK on the 3g knuckle.

Some of the Galant suspension components can be used as well. Ive got rear upper & lower galant control arms on mine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back