The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

3 bolt rear end?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyneagle

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2003
wallingford_ct
ok.. i have a 91 tsi...and the rear end is stock... i have a 3 bolt rear end right?... another thing is.. how much power can that hold up to?.. like when i go to launch the car. With the mods that i have, what is the highest rpm i can launch my car without it snapping the hell out of it?.. thanks alot guys... nick

ok.. i have another question...i have a jdm cyclone motor and tranny... whats the difference between this one and my old us. spec one?... it doesnt come with a different rear end does it?if it does.. in that case.. i do have a 4 bolt.. but idk.. im talking out of my ass on that one...thanks alot fellas...LOL... nick

You should have a 3 bolt rear-end, count the number of bolts on the cups behind the tire and that will tell you, as far as rpm to launch I have repeatedly launched at 4500 to 5000 rpms with out any trouble but it all really just depends on how often you drive the car like that. I believe that the 4 bolts can hold up to like 600hp but i am not to sure on that.:talon:

The ACT 2600 has the grip to break the 3 bolt rear end IF you get too agressive with the launch. Rev to 4500 and do a fast slip and it should be fine. Others have reported doing hard 5500 rpm launches on the 3 bolt, but that's pushing the limit. Just don't dump the clutch.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back