The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

3 bolt locked up, found one at junk yard for $60. rear cover said B1

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadeTreeDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 16, 2005
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
my 3 bolt recently locked up on me, need to get a new one asap, was looking into 4 bolt rears but none locally and cant find any around as of now that are willing to ship and get me a decent price. so i found and pulled a rear diff out of a 1990 eclipse awd but i noticed it looked different than mine, the left side axle had the same size shaft ( going into the diff ) as the right side, the one on my car had a smaller shaft on the left side and a bigger shaft on the right side. dunno what the cover labeled B1 means, will my axles work on this diff or do i need those axles off that diff too?

as long as it bolts in place you should be alright. What about the Transmissions? did you take an auto axle for your manual or vise versa? The only concern there would be gear ratio.

as long as it bolts in place you should be alright. What about the Transmissions? did you take an auto axle for your manual or vise versa? The only concern there would be gear ratio.

both manual trans. isnt there a difference between the limited slip rear end and non limited slip rear end ? i thought the axles from a limited slip wouldnt fit a non limited slip. i duno. so i guess it should work then?

both manual trans. isnt there a difference between the limited slip rear end and non limited slip rear end ? i thought the axles from a limited slip wouldnt fit a non limited slip. i duno. so i guess it should work then?

Sounds like its a non lsd axle. You would need trade your pass side axle for a non lsd axle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back