The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2gb talon rear quarter glass anomaly

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Its a Mitsu and Mopar p/n. If you call your dodge / jeep dealer it will superseed (sp) to the normal glass like most of us have in our cars. I have no idea why these are in marked boxes. I would have though that if they were factory OEM, they would have the chrysler star logo on them.

Its a Mitsu and Mopar p/n. If you call your dodge / jeep dealer it will superseed (sp) to the normal glass like most of us have in our cars. I have no idea why these are in marked boxes. I would have though that if they were factory OEM, they would have the chrysler star logo on them.

Exactly, so they must be a Aftermarket OEM Replacement....

I mean seriously, what are the people with those windows going to do if they get damaged? They have to have some kinda replacement, and not a replacement that requires you to change the other window also because they are different.

Right, so they have these as replacements. I have them as retrofits. I love retrofits.

As a sidebar... one of the supersession notes in the Dodge parts computer is that if the car came with these installed and when replacing one... "if appearance is an issue, replace both" is what it says.

These are the windows. Again, hopefully I will have them installed by Monday but I also think I will have them tinted before they go in the car.

Attachments

• IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 718
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 714
  • IMG_1039.jpg
    IMG_1039.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 707
Got them tinted to match the rest of my car today (20%) while they were not installed and have a spot free in the shop to get them installed on monday.

god dammit i want those soo bad. i just cant see myself spending 150 per window. those things would definetly make me feel good about having something unique good job on finding them.

god dammit i want those soo bad. i just cant see myself spending 150 per window. those things would definetly make me feel good about having something unique good job on finding them.

your car's sexy enough... I don't really care to spend that much, but I will just because its such a rare part... I have this fetish for rare parts.

Well, not everyone retrofit the windows. It will reduce my car's rarity! :shhh:

The final result !!! PM for any questions.

Attachments

• Talon 007.jpg
    Talon 007.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 711
  • Talon 006.jpg
    Talon 006.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 757
  • Talon 005.jpg
    Talon 005.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 715
I want these! Exactly how can I get a set?

You could try ordering the part numbers in Post #35 of this thread. You can ask that they be delivered by Jennifer Love Hewitt, too. One a skateboard. With a pizza.

Chances are about the same.

You could try ordering the part numbers in Post #35 of this thread. You can ask that they be delivered by Jennifer Love Hewitt, too. One a skateboard. With a pizza.

Chances are about the same.

Hahaha,
Sarcasm is fun.
But seriously. Why would you wan't these,
Yeah they're cool and different, but meh.

I want these! Exactly how can I get a set?

They only came in early 97 Talon models and no one in recent times has ever located extras from a glass shop, old dealer stock, etc.

It's just a matter of preferences. Plenty of people would NEVER put a 2Gb Eclipse bumper on a 2Gb Talon because the correct 97-98 bumper is much more rare and a welcome change of pace from the 2Gb fronts you see 20 times a day.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i also have this unique trim on my 97 Talon. From the little bit of looking around that I did, I thought the trim went hand in hand with not having a sunroof. Every Talon I've seen with this trim didn't have a sunroof.

A shot of mine since so many people seem to like them.

According to the May 1999 release of the 97-99 Chrysler parts catalog these were on all Talons built BEFORE 1-1-97. And reverted back to the pointed ones after 1-1-97 with explanation as to why.

Total Eagle Talon Production for 1997 was 10,206* units. If you want to Average it out.

About 850 Talons built per month. Figure 5 months from Aug-Dec is about 4200 97 Talons with curved 1/4 windows.

If you split the entire Production run of 10,206 unit between 50 states that is around 204 units per state NOT counting Exports when they were new.

*Source MMC and Chrysler Corporation.

i also have this unique trim on my 97 Talon. From the little bit of looking around that I did, I thought the trim went hand in hand with not having a sunroof. Every Talon I've seen with this trim didn't have a sunroof.

A shot of mine since so many people seem to like them.

Awesome Car:thumb:

Rare car, Rare Color, Rare 1/4 Trim;)

Thanks for posting it:)

Why? Thats the only spoiler that looks good on a 2g DSM! Plus that glass was only found on 97's and a handful of 98's. The only way you'll find it without is if someone took the wing off. Which I don't see why anyone would do that, 2gb Talon body is the best of the DSM's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back