The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

how to remove glass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I checked at the local dealership today and came up empty. He said he may be able to find out more if I bring him the last 9 digits of a VIN from a car with them. Anybody have a VIN I can use?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This car belongs to dsm_wheats, PM him, maybe he'll call for you or give you the last 9 digits of his VIN.

Is that piece painted? What material is it? It kind of looks to me like there is just "more" rubber comprising the weather strip around it, but I can't tell for sure.

hey mine doesnt look like that... Is it really that big of a difference though to spend the money to get a new piece of glass from chrysler??? seems you could spend that money on something else that would make the car stand out, or make the car faster...

I noticed this difference about six years ago since my 97 talon has the same thing but my 95 does'nt, from what I've been able to tell from looking at other cars in the parking lots and in junkyards is that the later build 97 cars and the 98's have it but all of the earlier years don't.

It's a 2gb talon thing........i seen it on all 97-98 talons to this date.......It's part of the whole trim around the window and overlays the actual glass.....

The Dot matrix of the glass has also been changed flow with the trim in question....

halik

I have a 97, yet I still have the standard style "pointy" windows. I called chrsler corporate headquarters in Auburn, and talked to somebody. He didn't have any knowledge, but suggested I call this place called Lambert Auto. He said they specialize in parts for older and discontinued chrysler products. I talked to a guy named Lee there, and ended up sending him a few photos to describe what I was after. He was nice enough and a couple hours later he emailed back, the same thing that shows up on every dealers computer showing the regular rear quarter glass assembly.

The thing that bugs me about this is, well take this for example. I believe it was the 66 model year for the corvette and the mold or form that they used to make their small block hoods had cracked, so they couldn't use it. So for about a week, a few small block cars got sent out with big block hoods on them. That is documented, but I can't seem to find a scrap of info about this talon thing.

This is kind of interesting that some have it and some don't since all of our cars were made in the same plant but only a few 97-98 cars have it, if anyone is interested in finding out info on this I would like to help. One thing that could be a factor is the build number, the last six digits of the vin is the build number mine is #9911.

3 year old thread, but since it doesn't have an answer, I'll reply.

The side quarter glass comes in one piece that includes the trim around it. Mitsubishi sells it for about $150 each.

Yeah this is definatly a no brainer. You use thin metal wire and cut right through the urethane holding the window on. You then scrape the old shit off, re apply the window urethane, put it back on the car and let it dry with some painters tape holding it on the body so it doesnt fall off while drying. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back