The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2gb CAS on a 2ga

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gtalonfwd

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2012
La Habra, California
Whats up guys, I recently bent some valves on my 2ga head due to bad timing, so I went out and found a freshly rebuilt head on CL and turns out I picked up a 97-99 head and I did not notice...so here lies the issue...:confused:...how do I go about connecting my 95 CAS plug into the newer 97-99 CAS...the plugs are different and I can't find a pig tail for the newer CAS anywhere...any suggestions or has anyone dealt with this before...I did a fair amount of research on here...google...and vfaq...and I didn't find anything on this...only how to convert to a 1g CAS...any help or insight is greatly appreciated thanks guys.

Well I was going to do that but the thing is the new head has Skunk 2 Adjustable Cam Gears...and so I want to keep those on there....that's why I didn't do that to begin with...is there any way to wire it up?

Dont hold me to it, but i dont think the gb cas will work. I think thats why most wire in the 1g cas, so they can manually adjust timing.

Why do you need to keep the adjustables? Do you have aftermarket cams?

I've done the Black top Holo, CAS swap on my talon to delete my bent and out of sink Crank trigger plate, and i have to say it works well. only problem is i dont have Dsm/Ecmlink so i have to reset my comp, every now and then because of misfire caused by lack of info to the computer (from the old Crank sensor) , maybe this can help you if its the same.

Attachments

• CASwiring.gif
    CASwiring.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 449
Last edited:
Why do you need to keep the adjustables? Do you have aftermarket cams?

:thumb: If you dont have aftermarket cams and NEED to degree them otherwise there is really no point in keeping the adjustables on other than looks.. Just keep the Skunk cams around for when you do upgrade.

If you do however if you do have cams that need adjustment. They make pigtails that go from the 2ga connector to the 2gb connector that invert the cas signal so your ECU will read it properly.. You'll have to look through our vendors webpages to find which one sells them because I cannot remember off the top of my head.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back