The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g radio question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

factory double din.

i'd look into some other head units first, jvc isn't what you'd call "top of the line." not saying that's a bad one, but saying for that price you could be getting much more/better.

all 2 gen eclipse, talon are double din. some have the infinity system which will require the amp integration wiring harness. Easy way to tell if yours has the infinity system is to look under the passenger side seat and if you see a black rectangular box that is your infinity amp. If you have that and would like to you keep it make sure you get a radio with front, rear, and sub outputs.

afterburn is right, to my knowledge all eclipse and talon are double din. Japanese cars are know for double din. You can buy a double din headunit or a dash kit to fill the hole if you use a single din unit. I prefer a double din screen unit like the one you posted in the link. But as an audio tech, I agree that JVC wouldn't be my first choice, even more so when you are already spending the money on a dvd/nav screen unit. I personally love Alpine, but other brands all have their pros and cons as well. Read reviews and find one you like but will hold up to the rigors of being in a car (temp., shaking, humidity, etc.). As far as the possibility of the amp, check under the seat as afterburn mentioned. You can intergrate the headunit with the existing amp but an amp bypass is really the way to go. You will be a thousand times happier in the end. If you want an amp, stick an aftermarket in after you take the old one out and replace all the speakers. Always go with reliable companies, and with the right plan and shopping you can do all this with a relatively cheap budget. If you need advice with anything let me know. I'm more than happy to help.

All 2gs are double din. If you can find the double din metal plates then you are in luck!

I put a single din to but didn't use an install kit, just bolted up to factory brackets so I have a space under the radio. I plan on using that for two gauges and a power outlet that's hot all the time. I'm tired of having to leave the key on to charge my phone

It's a double din, and the head unit you linked to will work. You can also install a single din head unit and get the little storage bin in the estra space. I have had both setups in 2G's

Yup, all DSM's(that is: Laser, Eclipse, Talon) have double din. Ive never used an install kit on mine either. Just use the stock plates, they are fine! Even then if it dosent line up how you like it, you can easily just drill em out to your spec. Good luck.

I agree with just getting a single din and installing the pocket below the radio. There aren't many double din's on the market that are worth a damn, and most are overly priced.

You could always go with a nice 2 din DVD/ gps, check out eBay and Craigslist also they have dropped down quite a bit in price, especially for a model that is not current and would allow you to add expansion in the future.. it also installs pretty easy and they will give you that factory look

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back