The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2g fwd manual tranny help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95tclipser

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 19, 2008
VALRICO, Florida
Two Problems. My car has not seen the raod much in 4 yrs, has not moved in almost a year.

1st problem. A few days ago I decided to move the car out of the carage, however, when I put the car into 1st gear & came off the clutch the gear started grinding (whining noise) & the car would not move. The car will move in 2nd gear, there is some difficulties getting into 3rd, 4th, 5th & reverse.

2nd problem. I decided to check the fluid in the transmission, so, I started to remove the transmission fill bolt, as I moved the bolt from the hole fluid came gushing out. Does my tranny has too much fluid in it? Is that normal?

Note: I had the rear of the car jacked up for a while because I removed the fuel tank for cleaning, but has been back on flat ground for over two months.

Check around the counter weight on the trans shift linkage, it is likely hitting something under that hood and that is why it won't go in 1st 3rd or 5th. Either that or the shifter cable is damaged. As for the fluid pouring out, it shouldn't be that full, but it won't hurt anything.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back