The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors

2G DSM 3D Printed Front Bumper Cold Air Ducting

Gsx-Dude

Freelancer
Jul 7, 2015
Germany, Europe
Hey all!
As some of you may already know, I created and printed a cold air ducting that fits directly from your 2Ga or 2Gb front bumper to the top under your air intake.
Each part is printed from ABS and both ends have a 3" opening, so you can use any 3" ducting hose you want.
No need to drill or tap any holes, the upper part bolts right on to the existing M6 threads near the vent opening.

Price for the set including the lower and upper air duct is - $80
or $40 for each part if you want it separately or a mirrored one for the driver side..

20201201_072438.jpg

20201201_072738.jpg

20201201_072752.jpg

Screenshot_20201028-091440_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20201028-091225_WhatsApp.jpg

20200615_161904.jpg

2Gb front bumper air duct:

Screenshot_20201028-091114_WhatsApp.jpg
20200601_135338.jpg

2Ga front bumper air duct:

20201126_152316.jpg
20201126_152324.jpg

Seems like shipping slowly went back to normal and I'm able to ship these out the cheap way with regular shipping time (1-2 weeks) again.
So shipping is just an additional $10 worldwide!

Last edited:

Kai Hefner

Freelancer
Jun 21, 2018
Calgary, AB_Canada
Looks great! Had this idea at the back of my mind for a while and it looks like you executed it well. Looking forward to seeing people’s cars rock this.

spyderdrifter

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2009
Some where, Colorado
These look great and I want a set now. However, are you going to be offering these long term? Like when the world is finally over this corona crap and shipping services return to normal?

IHeartMyHonda

Proven Member
Jul 12, 2006
murfreesboro, Tennessee
Amazing product! I love how 3d printing is changing the world of custom parts. I'm still running a side mount, so it's not much use to me, but I wanted to share my appreciation at the very least

Gsx-Dude

Freelancer
Jul 7, 2015
Germany, Europe
Thank you guys! Really appreciate it.

These look great and I want a set now. However, are you going to be offering these long term? Like when the world is finally over this corona crap and shipping services return to normal?

Yea I pretty much just started with it, so I think these should be available for a long time now.
Just don't know how long all these restrictions will last, but at least I'm able to ship it the cheap way again, even though it takes quite a while..

Dreams Realized

Proven Member
Jul 23, 2018
Seattle, Washington
Well darn! I just bought a velocity stack to put in the 2gb fog light hole for this same function. Now I gotta sit down and think if I want to run yours or keep going with my idea :aha:

Definitely need the upper arm though

El Cuervo

Proven Member
Nov 7, 2004
Omaha, Nebraska
This is great .
Can you offer them for the 1gb??
Like custom?
I would love a cold air intake like this one for the 1g.

Gsx-Dude

Freelancer
Jul 7, 2015
Germany, Europe
How does the lower half stay attached? Glue, double sided tape, ingenuity?
You could just use a bit of sikaflex or something similar to stick it on, or drill 2 small holes and bolt it on. But I would go with the first option.

This is great .
Can you offer them for the 1gb??
Like custom?
I would love a cold air intake like this one for the 1g.
I could do that too, but I would need a 1g talon front for this which is almost impossible to get one over here.. But otherwise it is possible.

Gsx-Dude

Freelancer
Jul 7, 2015
Germany, Europe
I don't have a talon bumper to see if it differs much from the other ones. Maybe they're almost equal and one of those fit on the talon bumper too?

El Cuervo

Proven Member
Nov 7, 2004
Omaha, Nebraska
Those look super clean, good job on those!

I was considering doing something similar, I'll let you know if I ever get around to it

That would he great! I have been thinking about doing something like this for the 1g in order to bring proper cold air intake to the filter. Maybe using some from of big velocity stack and connect it to a 4 or 5 inch pipe all the way up to the filter? But a velocity stack would look to obvious and not as clean.
My other option would have been to move the air filter to where the stock smic used to be. Let see what happens.

Yes, let me know what you end up doing. I'm interested.

RadDsm

Proven Member
Apr 28, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
I'm about to order a set of these for my wife's 2gb eclipse. I'll test fit them to my 2gb Talon bumper first to see if they work as is. If they do, I'll snag a 2nd set so I don't have to remove the high beam on the passenger headlight for a ram intake, nice product.

Sp1kE

Proven Member
Dec 24, 2005
stratford, ON_Canada
I started designing these about a month ago... looks like I can stop now. Laugh.
Good job!

Gsx-Dude

Freelancer
Jul 7, 2015
Germany, Europe
Yea sorry about that, you will get the right one you ordered of course.
I mixed up some other shipments too, so you weren't the only one haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds