The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G DSM 3D Printed Front Bumper Cold Air Ducting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsx-Dude

Freelancer
Jul 7, 2015
Germany, Europe
Hey all!
As some of you may already know, I created and printed a cold air ducting that fits directly from your 2Ga or 2Gb front bumper to the top under your air intake.
Each part is printed from ABS and both ends have a 3" opening, so you can use any 3" ducting hose you want.
No need to drill or tap any holes, the upper part bolts right on to the existing M6 threads near the vent opening.

Price for the set including the lower and upper air duct is - $90
or $45 for each part if you want it separately or a mirrored one for the driver side..

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

2Gb front bumper air duct:

2Ga front bumper air duct:

Seems like shipping slowly went back to normal and I'm able to ship these out the cheap way with regular shipping time (1-2 weeks) again.
So shipping is just an additional $10 worldwide!

Last edited:
These look great and I want a set now. However, are you going to be offering these long term? Like when the world is finally over this corona crap and shipping services return to normal?

Amazing product! I love how 3d printing is changing the world of custom parts. I'm still running a side mount, so it's not much use to me, but I wanted to share my appreciation at the very least

Thank you guys! Really appreciate it.

These look great and I want a set now. However, are you going to be offering these long term? Like when the world is finally over this corona crap and shipping services return to normal?

Yea I pretty much just started with it, so I think these should be available for a long time now.
Just don't know how long all these restrictions will last, but at least I'm able to ship it the cheap way again, even though it takes quite a while..

Well darn! I just bought a velocity stack to put in the 2gb fog light hole for this same function. Now I gotta sit down and think if I want to run yours or keep going with my idea :aha:

Definitely need the upper arm though

This is great .
Can you offer them for the 1gb??
Like custom?
I would love a cold air intake like this one for the 1g.

How does the lower half stay attached? Glue, double sided tape, ingenuity?
You could just use a bit of sikaflex or something similar to stick it on, or drill 2 small holes and bolt it on. But I would go with the first option.

This is great .
Can you offer them for the 1gb??
Like custom?
I would love a cold air intake like this one for the 1g.
I could do that too, but I would need a 1g talon front for this which is almost impossible to get one over here.. But otherwise it is possible.

Those look super clean, good job on those!

I was considering doing something similar, I'll let you know if I ever get around to it

That would he great! I have been thinking about doing something like this for the 1g in order to bring proper cold air intake to the filter. Maybe using some from of big velocity stack and connect it to a 4 or 5 inch pipe all the way up to the filter? But a velocity stack would look to obvious and not as clean.
My other option would have been to move the air filter to where the stock smic used to be. Let see what happens.

Yes, let me know what you end up doing. I'm interested.

Installed mine! I have a chiral set... They look great. I would recommend double sided molding tape to secure them to the bumper so that they sit snug. I tried glue first and it didn't hold very well.

I'm about to order a set of these for my wife's 2gb eclipse. I'll test fit them to my 2gb Talon bumper first to see if they work as is. If they do, I'll snag a 2nd set so I don't have to remove the high beam on the passenger headlight for a ram intake, nice product.

I started designing these about a month ago... looks like I can stop now. Laugh.
Good job!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back