The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 2G BC BR Coilovers Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would like to do a product review on these BC RM coilovers as they are not widely used here or well known through out the community,

I would like to let you all know that when ordering these that there is a very SPECIFIC kit you need to ask for the get the best from these with full motion of the shock.

Firstly when you order these they sell you rubber bushes up top, which is fine for most but not when you need it to move around, they also seat the spring on the underside of the upper plate which is fine for the rear but not on the fronts due to the spring and shock moving with steering,

So when you order you need to ask for the pillow balls with the upper plates. Code you need to order the best setup is B-01-BR-RH/0007307 the RH is the pillowballs and the 0007307 for the upper spring radial bearings or BC call them the spring platform!

Now adding this makes you loose around 1/2" of shaft lowering but to be honest there is still 2" of shaft left on the front and 3 1/2" on the rear shaft so thats plenty left anyway.

The upper hats are machined to fit the spring around the insixe of course so as your looking at these pics you will notice its low but rest assured its got plenty of movement. I did consider machining it down but its only 1.90mm so im not going to worry about that as it does not even come close to touching at the angles the car will see.

I have put in some pics of the washer and spacer thats removed where the upper spring platform sits on the C clip on the shaft.

Now you can see the end result with the full tilt of the pillowball. Im just awaiting the other 2 platforms to come in then i can mount everything back up.

Overall its a nice bit of kit and the shocks weigh 4kg each F/R so they are pretty light. Everything was super lubed up when i took them apart but if you order them correctly you wont need to take anything apart, I had to because I did not find this out till I received the coilovers.

Overall these are great, i've not got them on yet but first impressions are well built and care has gone into making them.

I will update once I get time to put them on and try to set them up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ive had a chance to drive on these for about an hour over the last 2 days and I can tell you these feel amazing and are a very nice upgrade! no noises or banging and even the upper spherical mounts are not as harsh as everyone makes out to be! on this note! im running 672LB front and 448LB rear and everyone always says thats a harsh ride being so high at the rear! well i can personally say you all must have the wrong setup or something as i feel as if 448LB is super comfy LOL when i go full stiff on rebound yes its a little harsh but not nothing i cannot deal with! i think 500+ might start to get a little worse but i personally think from 550 its getting to that limit of bad riding!

my setup was calculated to match frequencys to where i needed to be as close as i could get without actual driving data to go against but I feel as if going up some LB would benefit more.

ive since then stiffened the rear rebound higher then the fronts and I will have to check this out another day but from my personal opinion on these coilovers 448LB is not harsh or close to!

I will grab and rear ARB and see if this help it out abit more

I am very curious as to how these worked out for you??
Any more pictures to include??
Ive spent about a week researching CoilOvers LOL
From Megan Racing to BC Racing to Ground Control Coilvers and DG SETUP (would love to do buuut I wouldnt know where to go to get the things machined)
Sooo easy im in between Ground Controls and BC Racing coilovers LOL
I emailed Ground Control to just verify whats included in their kit... but theyve never returned an email back. I was just about to buy their whole KIT including their the Konis
Then i came across your post so im currently researching your setup... its a little different with US website as opposed to your BC UK website
The only kit on their website is B-01-BR without the pillow ball mount top mounts so im assuming ill have to personally call them to see if its possible to order the B-01-BR-RH kit
Im assuming FRNT-UP-SPRG-SEAT-KOYO-25L-M12 is the spring bearings you were referring to for us in the USA.

I am very curious as to how these worked out for you??
Any more pictures to include??
Ive spent about a week researching CoilOvers LOL
From Megan Racing to BC Racing to Ground Control Coilvers and DG SETUP (would love to do buuut I wouldnt know where to go to get the things machined)
Sooo easy im in between Ground Controls and BC Racing coilovers LOL
I emailed Ground Control to just verify whats included in their kit... but theyve never returned an email back. I was just about to buy their whole KIT including their the Konis
Then i came across your post so im currently researching your setup... its a little different with US website as opposed to your BC UK website
The only kit on their website is B-01-BR without the pillow ball mount top mounts so im assuming ill have to personally call them to see if its possible to order the B-01-BR-RH kit
Im assuming FRNT-UP-SPRG-SEAT-KOYO-25L-M12 is the spring bearings you were referring to for us in the USA.
I did not get notified for this reply sorry about that!

as for the upper sphericals they are not really offered in any of the kits, I had to order them seperately and the US can do this also. for this BR kit at least anyway, the higher up kits i think come with them but then got alot more which might not be worth it depending on the application!

BC is a great kit. I run BC on my daily driver also now but they do tend to run harder then some other kits, i do use alot pf spring though as i much prefer a nicer handling chassis vs something that wollows.

Flatout and Feal make nice kits so you have more options these days then when i got this kit done at least

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back