The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Torque solution mounts review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got done installing my timing side and rear engine mount from torque solution and I thought I would write a review since no one has. I thought these would be better then the avids but they still needed to be modified let me explain.

the fitment in the mounts itself is fine they go in as they are ment to, the timing side is a bit big on the bush so it wont sit straight so it is always off center so a sander would help remove some of this but i chose to do the hard way and make it fit without sanding and that took about 1 hour and a hammer LOL

the issue is the insert sleeves are either wayyyyy to long or the hole size is alot bigger so a 10mm bolt had a 15mm hole??? this may make installing easier but not for making it stop moving so I decided to make my own sleeves and give it a nice 1mm clearance or .5mm both sides and its very snug now, if i did not rdo these the sleeves they send you are too long aswell so would never go in. oh and they mixed sleeve material aswell! one was stainless and the other was steel? who does that!!!

I have messaged them and ask if they just copied avid's mounts as they look exactly the same and fitment and what the issues were and they just ignored me! i messaged them start of november! still no reply

so im not saying dont buy them but if you do be aware that the sleeves will need to be made again or modify the lengh if you want to keep the sized holes they make them

I do not have any pictures with the sleeves before i made new ones and my phones memory card wiped them all out so im sorry for that.

overall they are good mounts and happy with them but the sleeves were a pain you could just do without!

Bobby

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back