The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

XTUNE 2g AWD Catback Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XTUNE 95-99 AWD Cat Back Exhaust Review
I recently bought the Xtune exhaust. Like most I liked that it was a cheap solution to getting a 3" Exhaust for the car. For $238 shipped, who can beat that? It came in within 2 weeks....

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The exhaust looked clean and the welds were nice. This was starting to look like a good buy. Then I realized that on one end there was a 2.25" Flange that connects to the CAT (so that you can bolt to the stock downpipe). This can be fixed simply by welding a new 3" flange on since the pipe is truley 3"'s. Move over to the muffler. It came with a silencer already installed. I took it out and to my amazement, the inside of the muffler seemed very small. It looked much smaller than 3"'s.

So I decided to take a water bottle (Measures approx 2.25" in diameter) and see if I could fit it in the muffler.

I stuck it in, and it doesnt fit. Very strange. This is supposed to be a 3" exhaust.

Overall Thought of product:
Pros:
-Exhaust looks great
-Welds are clean
-Comes with silencer

Cons:
-2.25" Flange connecting to CAT
-2.25" Muffler

Overall, I do not think this is a good exhaust for anyone intrested in performance. The 2.25" Muffler is going to rob you power. This, however, would be a great exhaust for someone stock that just want to sound good and look good. I personally am returning mine in favor of a custom made true 3" exhaust at the local muffler shop.

-Sbeing1

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back