The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g Auto Trans Shift Cable Bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM-Nerve

Probationary Member
Dec 21, 2011
Kissimmee, Florida
So I pulled out my old auto trans considering it was leaking pretty badly from the output shaft to the transfer case. I bought a used trans online and have already installed it in my '95 GSX. I noticed however, that the bracket that the shift cable rests in is not present on this transmission. It's just a metal bracket that bolts directly to the transmission with two bolts and the shift cable is then clipped into it. I was wondering if anyone has any idea where I could buy one of these or should I just try my luck at the local junkyards? Thanks again.

If you still have the old trans pull it off that. or maybe if you took it to your local junkyard go there and ask them if they have the trans still and ask if you can take the bracket off of it.

Obviously if I had the old one I would have just taken the bracket off of that and carried it over. The trans was shipped to Washington state after I sold it. I'm literally as far from them as possible being in Florida. I wanted to see if there was anywhere I could buy a new one. The trans was sold before I went and picked up my new one so there was no way of knowing that I would need that bracket.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back