The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2g 6 bolt swap CAS adapter harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dasean Real

Probationary Member
Apr 2, 2018
San Diego, California
I have a 98 gsx, 6 bolt and 98 black box ecu. i have a fresh adapter harness for the CAS and i am unsure where to connect the 4th white wire on it

Attachments

• IMG_1484.JPG
    IMG_1484.JPG
    358.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1487.JPG
    IMG_1487.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 314
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Should be a matching connector near the TPS. I have the same harness. My wire is blue but you can see right where it goes. Start your search there.

ok so take apart the white plug on the CAS harness and the 3 wires from the cam sensor and solder the white to the blue wire that has the red stripe on it? then leave the rest of the wires alone?

Attachments

• IMG_1489.JPG
    IMG_1489.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1490.JPG
    IMG_1490.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 181
actually that looks like you have the right plug on your harness. so the plug at the end of the white wire gets plugged into the plug off the cam sensor. so its just plug and play

sorry i didn't snap on what connector was on the end of the white wire. i was thinking it had the 95-96 connector on it. like this

Last edited:
I liked your diagram, you should have left it up for reference purposes :thumb:

Here ya go, its back

http://roadraceengineering.com/blog/2015/01/08/2g-eclipse-1g-motor-swap-cas-harness/

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/1gcasin2g97-99.htm

On ’97-’99 Eclipses, if the white wire on your adapter harness has no connector or a 95/96 connector on it,
the blue/red wire from the 2G CAM sensor plug needs to be solder to the white wire coming out the CAS adapter harness.

(cam sensor has a blue/red wire at pin 2, crank sensor has a blue/white wire at pin 2)

Last edited:
actually that looks like you have the right plug on your harness. so the plug at the end of the white wire gets plugged into the plug off the cam sensor. so its just plug and play

sorry i didn't snap on what connector was on the end of the white wire. i was thinking it had the 95-96 connector on it. like this

Thanks man idky i didnt think that it fit the connector the shape deceived me, car finally stays on i appreciate the help yall

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back