The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

264/272 or 272/272 camshafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drifter27_04

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2005
Winston Salem, North_Carolina
I need some experienced opinions

Which set would you think or suggest going with:

264/272 or 272/272

I like the 264/272 as it is better toward low end torque but the power of the 272/272 I like as well.

Running the cams with my setup and a 60-1 stage 3 turbine what am I looking at in performance between the two? What are the ups and down between the two and whats better for a daily driver with little city driving? I thought of going with the 272/272 and playing with the cam gears to try and get the turbo to spool up quicker. Please all information very helpfully right now as I will be placing a order within the next hour.

BTW...its not listed but I have a built head with crower springs and titinum retianers with bronze valve guides and SS vavles.

Thanks

I think it's simple....You have a laggy big top end turbo so go with the big top end cam...Max flo will make that turbo happy!:thumb:

272/272 ALL THE WAY! A 60-1 is a medium frame turbo and you powerband is going to be in the upper RPMS... no matter what you do you will not have any 'bottom end grunt'. At this point it is all about maximizeing your setup and that means 272/272.

Thanks for the word...i went ahead and place a order for a set of DKS2.

Any information about tunig with DSM Link and these cams will be helpful as the time comes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back