The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 2 Pot 2nd Gen rear 3KGT VR4 calipers install on 2G only

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This write up only is for 2G DSM and is only for the 2 Pot 2nd Gen rear 3KGT VR4 calipers
these will not work on a 1G

do at your own risk!

Parts needed:

2 pot rear calipers from as 2nd gen 3KGT VR4 + pads of choice

Rotors from a 2nd gen 3KGT VR4 (94' and up)

Adapter kit from LovinBoost

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/brembo-brackets-gaskets-flanges-custom-fab.479308/

Angle grinder or dremel

and finally you need just a bit of common sense

now lets get started

To Start I'm assuming you already know how to remove your rear calipers and rotors, if you don't then this conversion might be a bit too difficult for you. For those still with me lets continue

So after you have removed the calipers and rotors you should be looking at this

(pic 1)

you need to grind just a little off the back plate of the E brake assembly, the ears on the caliper hit this.

I recommend you test fit the calipers without the rotors 1st so you can be sure you don't have any clearance issues so to start you will need a little longer bolts, I was able to find some OEM bolts that were perfect in my spare bolts box, so take those longer bolts and slip them through the holes and put the spacers in place with the bolts flush, (see pic 2)

now bolt the caliper into place (see pic 3) if you don't have any interference problems you can disassemble and put the rotors on if you need to grind a bit more do so now.

the stock DSM brake lines do fit, but if you haven't upgraded to SS braided already now would be a good time also I recommend speed bleeders which make bleeding the brakes a 1 man job. so bleed the calipers till you have firm pedal pressure.

now that they fit perfect lets get those wheels mounted i am running Gramlight 57c's these calipers do stick out past the hub so you will need some wheels with decent clearance for this setup (see pic 5)

once the wheel is mounted make sure it spins freely if so your good to go

Attachments

• 1 rear 3kgt .jpg
    1 rear 3kgt .jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 951
  • 2 rear 3kgt .jpg
    2 rear 3kgt .jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 874
  • 3 rear 3kgt.jpg
    3 rear 3kgt.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 1,306
  • 4 rear 3kgt.jpg
    4 rear 3kgt.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 920
  • 5 rear 3kgt.jpg
    5 rear 3kgt.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 802
love these brakes stopping power is great way more then needed on the street attached are some pictures of them all powdercoated and installed

Attachments

• IMG_20151220_124000782.jpg
    IMG_20151220_124000782.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_20151220_123953244.jpg
    IMG_20151220_123953244.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 332
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back