The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2.4 Liter G4CS Build Blog

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atuca

Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2007
Central Valley, California
AND now we are caught up to blog time, aka today is actually today :)

Well all the prep work made the actual pulling engine day take just a few hours, one of which was carrying the engine stand from the neighbors house on 3 wheels. But who am I to complain, I got my engine out for free.

Besides that usual, I discovered a few problems.

A) my passenger axel's boot came undone, and the sealing clamp was no where to be found. I just replaced this with a lifetime warrenty axel within the year, but I have no idea what is causing the axel to do this....

B) My clutch seems to have taken some damage, from some unknown cause. It looks like rock chips, but I don't see any loose metal or anything in the transmission. It is pretty dirty in the tranny housing, but nothing that seems like it would cause damage like the pressure plate took. It appears to be only cosmetic besides some slight spidering cracks at the very edge on one side of the pressure plate.

I will have to go pick up a new axel, but that isn't a huge concern as much as understanding what caused it to fall apart again. I will also need to change out my wheel bearing in the rear, and really I need a new suspension anyways for track use. I plan to try and budget a full coil over system while I got the down time for the car, and need to change control arms as well too (I've had ripped boots there since my brake swap).

Now, I just need to strip the 7bolt of everything I will need for the 6bolt transfer and than sell the motor to help fund the rest of the g4cs build. But that will be for tomorrow, more updates as available!

Yea the springs are all there, nothing is loose inside the tranny except some black sot stuff, which I would assume is clutch dust or w/e it may be called (hey im new to this)

I do remeber when I did my clutch swap I dropped just the tranny, not the engine. When I tried to get the tranny back on the car, it was tough and I probably scratched it a good bit than, but it still looks like I made a mess of it somehow. Just looking for ideas really, appreciate the input.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back