The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2.4 Liter G4CS Build Blog

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atuca

Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2007
Central Valley, California
09-11-2009
--------------------------

I am back. Since last we spoke, having money to build an engine APPRENTLY was the same money my fiance thought would be a good idea to buy a house with.

I live in Tracy now and bought a 2006 civic daily driver just a few days ago, which means the gsx is no longer the DD and is ready for its build again.

I don't have many other eclipse updates since last I posted, but I did still make some changes.

I got some evo 9 recaros with some custom made brackets. I see everyone buying pre made from wedge engineering, but honestly this wasn't hard at all. A trip to home depot for 1/4" steel bars and some welds and bam I was good to go. I am still off by 1/2 inch on the fitment of the driver sit seat, and while I have the car apart I will fix it. But they do look like sex, especially with the car being a 99 black leather interior as it was. Sold the stock front seats for 400 bucks locally picked up. Paid 900 for the recaros. I'd say for 500 bucks it was def worth getting these seats.

Second project was evo 9 steering wheel. Picked it up for 30 bucks! its missing the air bag but I figure for 30 bucks I could make some custom cover for it and be just as happy. 20 bucks for the 1g steering wheel from pick and pull and for 50 total, I got a momo steering wheel. This is still pending welding. Anyone got any ideas on how I would get that 1g horn to work in it? I might be able to do something with it to sort of support the center cover I make for it or what not. Using the 1g horn just seemed easier than trying to make the 2g horn work somehow. But I havn't seen the wiring for either really or understand fully how it works. I just can tell that the 1g has to be pressed down in 1 of 4 corners to complete a circut.

hmm besides that,

been enjoying my brake swap http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/handling-tech/329154-evo-brake-swap-checklist.html

tried setting my car on fire http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/344807-grounded-battery-strut-bar.html

and am looking for an enging hoist http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/norcal-dsm-forum/348546-need-borrow-engine-hoist-tracy.html

Thats the 411 as of now, hoping all of you that were helping me before might be ready to answer more questions as I try to remeber exactly at what point I paused this project. See you soon!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back