The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2.4 Liter G4CS Build Blog

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atuca

Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2007
Central Valley, California
09-14-2009
--------------------------

Well I didn't see the local guy with the hoist today, perhaps because it is a weekday, so I continued to the interior of the car. I ripped everything out, and I learned something today too.

I already knew my dsm was a money sink, taking all my extra money just to keep happy, but I never thought it stoop to the levels I found after removing my carpet.. IT STOLED MY SPARE CHANGE MONIES!! Found almost 10 bucks in change. So woot for weight reduction and woot for making money on my dsm today!

Aside from that, nothing special happened, except I noticed something strange with the 10 cd changer. It looks like either A) Mitusbishi is REALLY freaking lazy, just cutting the panel to install the stock 10 cd changer. or B) who ever bought my car originally, s/he added it and cut the side panel. I dunno which way it was but I didn't expect this when taking it out. Now I am gonna have to source this piece at a junk yard.

Pulled the windshield washer resovouir, and have no idea how to get the line that goes through the firewall out. I figure as of now I will just pull it out when I get the dash finished and pulled. I pulled my aftermarket alarm system out and the 30 crimps and ghetto connected wires. I was originally just going to rewire the engine bay, and now I am considering rewiring the interior as well.

I figure I am removing probably half the functionality the interior originally had (if you would call it that) and adding half a dozen aftermarket gauges. Rewiring would allow the usage of switches that had the purpose of fog lamps, for example, to be used as a switch for running my fuel pump so that I may make a second tune on race gas or something. I dunno yet, but the idea is intriging.

I only have a camera phone to take photos with since I am on my own. I'll keep posting pics for the sake of having pictures, sorry for the quality.

Good progress brother. Keep it up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back