The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2.0 Turbo and NON TURBO?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91TurboTalonFWD

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 2, 2007
Fort wayne, Indiana
Whats the diffrence other then the turbo... i found a rebuilt 2.0 non turbo with less then 50k miles and a 90 day warranty i was wondering if i bolt up my turbo to it will it be the same or whats the diffrence?

I am no expert on this but from what I know..

Non turbo has a different intake cam, no oil squirter's, different oil pan, and I probably missed a bunch of stuff.

The main issue is the pistons. They have ring landings which do not like ANY knock. A little bit of it and you will have a good chance to chip a landing and blow the motor.

not exactly sure what to search for... and i dont have a big budget so id like some input from the fellow dsm-ers

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back