The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1st log from newly acquired car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91 GSX

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 2, 2006
Evansport, Ohio
Just got car and after previous owners rebuild and ecmlink install he said it runs too rich to drive. Any observations and suggestions would be appreciated. I did notice that the link is set to 2g even though the car is a 1g. Also wondering why the knock readings aren't showing up. has a digital AEM air/fuel ratio gauge which read about 10.1 to 11.1 at idle. if I bring it up to 2500rpm's, it shows about 12/12.5, then as I let off the accelerator it jumps up to around 13.5 momentarily before it goes back to 10/11 at idle again.

file:///C:/Users/Joe/ecmlink/datalogs/1st%20log%20log.2013.06.28-01.elg

Attachments

• 1st log log.2013.06.28-01.elg
    90.3 KB · Views: 30
Have you considered changing the settings to as close to stock as possible and getting it to work from there? I don't have experience with ecmlink, but I know that if you want to track down the problem your best bet is to eliminate as many variables as possible and then adjust slowly to identify the issue. To me, that would mean setting everything to stock configs and tuning it to work right from there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back