The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink 1G wierd idle issue see log included

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiedchardshark

Probationary Member
May 1, 2017
almelo, Europe
I got this wierd idle and i dont know what to do anymore. see log

I already did/:
Smoke test (not a single leak found)
Adjusted tps to 0.63 volt
Mounted a new rebuilded throttle body (2g becaus i cant find any 1g throttle body in the netherland or on ebay)
Calibrated the wideband sensor
Adjusted the biss screw (2 turns back after fully turning it in)
Adjusted the fpr to 37 psi and put the data below into ecmlink for the injectors
Checked timing and tried to get it as close to 5 BTDC
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What else can it be or what did i do wrong?
(Sorry for the bad technical english I am from the netherlands)

Attachments

• log.2021.09.11-01.elg
    302.4 KB · Views: 29
Today i found this i know the screen in the throttle body can cause the idee but can the air leak in the fpr also cause this ?
They were the only boost leak i found.
I tested it with 2 bar air

From your log it's clear you are still idle surging. You can see the ISC @ 0 (Closed all the way) trying to drop the idle speed, the ECU is dropping out of closed loop and turning off the injectors until the RPM drop and then the cycle continues.

Last edited:
i found that one of my injector seals was leaking after a smoke test.
i dont know how i didnt found this after doing 3 boost leak test.
now waiting for my new seals.
Hoping that this is the problem or it is the intake mani gasket becaus that is now the only gasket that i didnt replace.

yesterday after fixing the injector seal and putting a new o ring on the biss screw i tested the car and it still had the idle problem.
then i did a boost leak test again since i wanted to test if the injector seal/biss screw was leaking again the test went to 3 bar of pressure and it broke my tester. (so no boost leak detected)
then i thought:
After fixing the ecu
Bad injector seal (cilinder 1)
Some boost leaks (like 12 of them)
Isc that was not working (bought a new one tested it and put it in the throttle body)
Wrong tps voltage (around .67 V now .63 V)

thought to myself the only thing thats left is the fiav that went back so i placed a bypass plate and did a cooland pressure test to be sure it was not leaking

then i started the car and my idle was around 1000 rpm steady (still need to to the iscidlelearn thingy since its around 140 and the isc around 0)
but the problem is now fixed

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back