The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g upper driver side mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonFULLtune

Proven Member
Jan 15, 2013
three churches, West_Virginia
i need to kno what the part numbers are for a good insert for the upper driver side motor mount. i see that there is two types a one piece and two piece dnt know if one or the other is right. or if they both will work. and which one is better to use. also whould like tips on how to install them all help is welcome and thank you for your time new to dsm sorry for the pain in the ass ?s.

The one piece is the best it completely replaces the oem. The 2 piece is an insert that fills in the gaps on an oem. Guessing yours has completely split like all the rest so I'd go 1 piece. Install 1 piece with a press if you dont have access to a press you can make one with 2 washers a bolt and a nut. Use axle grease to lube bushing before install to help.

thanks for your help im ordering it now. do i need to cut out the metal insert too. that holds in the oem rubber bushing

The one piece is the best it completely replaces the oem. The 2 piece is an insert that fills in the gaps on an oem. Guessing yours has completely split like all the rest so I'd go 1 piece. Install 1 piece with a press if you dont have access to a press you can make one with 2 washers a bolt and a nut. Use axle grease to lube bushing before install to help.

You need to be more specific, There are motor mount inserts, that just simply push into the preexisting oem mounts, or there's "solid" mounts, both of which are two piece. If your looking to go with a completely new mount then just purchase and energy suspension mount.

Edit. Yes you need to cut out the oem metal mount to push the solid mount int. Its not too hard. Do some searching around. Check vfaq.com and you'll be good to go.

just looking for the replacement to cut out the whole bushing out of the mount and press in the new one looking for just a prothane would you kno what the part number is for the upper driver side.

thanks i was looking but wasnt sure which one. how well do they stay in and how seems that the two piece design seems like they could separate

theres no way for them to come out when they are in the bracket with the bolt through it in the car , i had to use a prybar and some lube just to get the mount to slide into the bracket on the chassis for me to put the bolt through

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back