The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g Driver Side Motor Mount Confusion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triggerx

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
Do i need to replace this entire piece Just because the rubber is gone?
The motor mount on the driver side, that holds the motor up on the timing side.
Its a long metal bar, with a motormount connected to it.

Can I just replace the rubber?

If im correct, thats where prothane inserts come in?

Heres my dilemma, I dont want added vibration whatsoever, so if that means that the oem motor mount is the best to do the job then so be it.
If i have to go that route, do I end up just replacing the entire thing?

But dont prothane mounts add vibration ### theyre much stiffer than the oem ones?
BTW thanks for the link!!

Not can't really notice the diff until u get real stuff mounts but there not inserts at that point

Yes they are stiffer. They vibrate a little, its not that bad.. plus geting better engine responce, better shifting, for a little vibration pff everyone here run prothane inserts..

As far as I am aware, the OEM rubber insert cannot be purchased by itself. I had a similar issue a few years back and ended up purchasing a whole new mount for one of the cars.

Can anyone follow up on this prothane mount replacement? I need a drivers side replacement, but the link was for a right upper mount. Just confused because that typically means passenger side of vehicle. Is this the right mount for a 1g drivers side mount?

There is not an upper motor mount for the passengers side, there is only the transmission mount.

4 mounts, one on the intake side behind the block, one on the exhaust side on the cross member, one near the upper timing cover (the one you are referring to) and the transmission mount.

The link is most likely saying right side mount from a front view perspective of your car.

There is not an upper motor mount for the passengers side, there is only the transmission mount.

4 mounts, one on the intake side behind the block, one on the exhaust side on the cross member, one near the upper timing cover (the one you are referring to) and the transmission mount.

The link is most likely saying right side mount from a front view perspective of your car.

Thanks for your feedback!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back