The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Timing belt replacement assistance

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kettlar 91 laser rs

Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2020
Indianapolis, Indiana
Looking for someone in indiana to help me with a timing belt, balance shaft belt, and water pump replacement. Even if you live in the surrounding states and could help me out, it’ll be appreciated tremendously. Just need someone to watch me and make sure i do not mess anything up

I live on the near-eastside of Indy. I wouldn't mind coming by and double checking over everything when you think it's ready to put it back together, but hanging out the entire time is probably not something I can do time-wise. Especially on a fully stock car as it will take a little more time than mine do (no powersteering no ac)

Looking for someone in indiana to help me with a timing belt, balance shaft belt, and water pump replacement. Even if you live in the surrounding states and could help me out, it’ll be appreciated tremendously. Just need someone to watch me and make sure i do not mess anything up
Would you consider yourself a newbie or a reasonably seasoned mechanic? This isn't a terrible job. No secrets. It's very objective.

I live on the near-eastside of Indy. I wouldn't mind coming by and double checking over everything when you think it's ready to put it back together, but hanging out the entire time is probably not something I can do time-wise. Especially on a fully stock car as it will take a little more time than mine do (no powersteering no ac)
Copy that, i’ll have to message you when im closer to doing it. I just live over in Greenfield! Will have to go for a cruise someday too!!
Would you consider yourself a newbie or a reasonably seasoned mechanic? This isn't a terrible job. No secrets. It's very objective.
I would say im closer to seasoned mechanical than a newbie. I’m very good at following instructions but i really just want the reassurance of having a pair of eyes that has done it before on a 4g63. Tbh i don’t think theres much i can’t do as long as i have done the research and have the right parts.

Copy that, i’ll have to message you when im closer to doing it. I just live over in Greenfield! Will have to go for a cruise someday too!!

I would say im closer to seasoned mechanical than a newbie. I’m very good at following instructions but i really just want the reassurance of having a pair of eyes that has done it before on a 4g63. Tbh i don’t think theres much i can’t do as long as i have done the research and have the right parts.
It's very objective even if you don't have an expert. Marks either line up or they don't. Tensioner is either within tolerance or it isn't. Easily measured and verified. No need for any guesswork or crossing fingers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back