The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Throttle Body Stop Screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle_T

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2008
Muskego, Wisconsin
I'm putting a 1g turbo throttle body on my 2g. Therefore I do not need the idle switch sensor. But if I remove the idle switch then I don't have a throttle stop. I'd like to replace the sensor with a throttle stop set screw. The thread of the the idle switch sensor is m10x0.75, I have looked everywhere for a bolt or stud and nut without any luck.

Basically has anyone else replaced the sensor with a throttle stop screw or could anyone direct me to a part that replaces the idle switch sensor or a m10x0.75 bold/stud? My last resort is to tap a more common thread size, but would rather keep it how it is.

I just emailed a specialty bolt store how long would the bolt need to be 25mm?
seems this is a common issue so maybe something can be had.

I guess if you really want to leave it the way it is you could grab a sensor from the junkyard, rip the connector off, then sand or grind it smooth and paint it.

You're probably better off going to the junkyard and finding a 1G closed throttle switch/stop. In my boredom last night, I looked at some online bolt/nut stores and didn't find a single bolt with a pitch that fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back