The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1g TB&IM on a 2g head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanusky1990

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Easton, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, I have a 1g TB and intake manifold laying around and I know the throttle body is an upgrade from a 2g, but instead of porting my stock 2g intake manifold to fit it, can I just use the 1g? Also is this an upgrade if it does bolt up? I'm assuming it would be but I haven't found anything about people mix matching IM and heads. Thanks!

You can't use the manifold as the ports are much bigger on the 1g manifold than the 2g head.

I thought we were done seeing this question, I guess some still have no idea how to search? Its hard to miss, its that YELLOW thing at the top of the page labeled Search.

Search next time, these questions have been covered extensively over the last 10 years this site has been up.

These were the first 4 threads that popped up when I searched for exactly what you posted, all would have answered your question.

:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back