The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G 1G Seat Belts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBWaterfowler

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2007
Huntington Beach, California
I have a few problems with my 1G's seat belts, and I was hoping that there must be a fix.

The first problem:
My passenger side seat belt that is on the track has the belt attachment part that comes off the track missing. I was unable to figure out a way to replace just the attachment piece, it looks like the whole track needs to be replaced. Is this true?

The second problem:
My seat belt moves when I open/close my door, the problem is when my car turns off the seat belt stops. So when I open my door to get it, the seat belt is frozen where it was when the car turned off. I would think the seat belt is support to move open/close when the car is off or on. Is there a fuse that controls that? or is that how it should operate?

I was also wondering if there was an easy way to change to a more standard seat belt? I know there is a Canadian normal version of a seat belt on the 1G DSM.

Thanks

My seat belt moves when I open/close my door, the problem is when my car turns off the seat belt stops. So when I open my door to get it, the seat belt is frozen where it was when the car turned off. I would think the seat belt is support to move open/close when the car is off or on. Is there a fuse that controls that? or is that how it should operate?
There is a control box under that "C-pillar" plastic moulding that controlls all of this. Check the connections. But normally, when you shut down the car, remove the key and then open the door, this is when the belt move fully to the front stop. Wondering if you're not following an exit sequence why the belt is shutting down in the middle.

Try this test: with the car running, get out and see if the belt retract fully to the front, and then re-enter and see if the belt fully closes.

Also, there could be a possibility that the transmission in this assembly has worn down and threw this out of time - which then that would have to be replaced.

As for the passenger side, head out to a yard an find some boneyard DSM's to pull parts from-including the driver's side assembly if the problem above doesn't diminish with my recommendations.

Good luck-DSM

1G90, yes the seat belt will go front/back of the track. Here is the problem involved with this: I park, turn the key, turbo time starts its countdown, I have to stand next to my car with the door open until the turbo timer turn the car off (so the seat belt will stay in the open position) then close the door. If I close the door during the turbo timers countdown, the seat belt will go back to the closed position and the car shuts off and so the seat belt will stay in the closed position (even when I go to get back into the car later, I will open the door and it will stay in the closed position, not until I turn my key on will the seat belt operate).

So, if I walk up to my car and the seat belt is in the closed position. Then I open the door, and the seat belt does not move. I sit down, put the key in and turn it to on. If the door is still open when I turn the car on, then It will move to the open position (basically wraps itself around my neck). If i turn the car on with the door closed, then the set belt stays in the closed position.

So I need the whole rail to fix the passenger side problem? That's cool. I just wanted to make sure before I rip the rail out, cause it's a process removing it w/o harm.

Thanks a million. I'm going to go to the junkyard during the week and grab one.

:)

I don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but I figured since my car is having sort of the same issue so instead of creating a new thread I'd post here. I have a 1g but the problem is the seat belts don't move at all. If you manual pull them towards the back of the car and then open the door they will return forward. They are always in the forward (closest to the windshield) position...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back