The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G, putting bumper cover on without bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defrag010

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 24, 2004
n/a, Alabama
I've seen some people who have put on their bumper cover on without putting the metal bumper back on. I know that the top of the bumper uses 7 or 8 screws to attatch the cover to the bumper. How do you guys do it without having your front bumper cover flop around everywhere? What do you attatch the cover to?

Make a custom mount for the cover to bolt to. Why are you wanting to do this??

I perfectly realize that taking the bumper off is a bad idea for safety, but I have a porsche 944 intercooler that I want to put on, and it's 5" thick. The only way I can use it is if I take the metal bumper off. Do you have any pictures of the brackets I need to make?

look at the gallery for boostinAWD and you will see what I'm talking about.

There's also someone on here who has a white 92-94 from philly who looks like he took the metal bumper off and cut his cover for his intercooler.

The 92-94 dsms can do this with no problem, because the bumper bolts up top between the headlights. On a 90-91 the bumper bolts to that metal piece, so you can either fab something up like a bracket, or just hack the middle out of the metal piece to fit your intercooler.

my bumper sits on top of my front mount for the most part. i also have 1 bracket made. just a steel piece coming off the frame in between the lights. i had to take out the mitsu emblem piece though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back