The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Bumper cover repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magik95

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
aurora, Colorado
Just got a 2gb talon bumper from the scrap yard for $40 :hellyeah: But it needs some reapir work. So my question is how do I fix some pretty decnent cracks. I was thinkg maybe a plastic welder or fiber glass it?

lightweight flexible body filler

Don't use bondo. Rage makes a product that is more flexible for doing bumpers.

I used the stuff from advanced works great, for small stuff on plastic. no problems not for large plastic cracks.

I can't remember the brandname i've used but it's green, not red like bondo

Local auto parts stores should have an epoxy/plastic weld. Do as much from the back as you can and just smooth out the front. Stay away from bondo and fiberglass as they will just crack and fall off. They won't be able to expand and contract like the bumper can.

I googled it. Came up with this, I got some from autozone, just look for something in a tube like this.
Permatex 84115 PermaPoxy 5 Minute Plastic Weld -- Crme

Ill post pics in a few to give you guys a good idea of what im dealing with.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also where can I get the eagle emblem for the center?

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the 2gb talon bumper had the eagle logo stamped in?

If you are looking for an OEM eagle logo it's pretty rare these days unless you can pull it off a car in the junk yard.

Ill post pics in a few to give you guys a good idea of what im dealing with.

Also where can I get the eagle emblem for the center?

Since the emblem for your bumper was stamped on, the one you got is probably not straight from the factory as it's blank like many oem eclipse bumpers that just have a blank triangle instead of the mitsu diamonds. If you want an emblem of similar size, your best bet would be to search the junk yards for an Eagle Vision which was a re-badged Dodge Intrepid/ Chrysler Concorde. If you can't find one, or don't have the time, PM me, I got 3 of them from the yard I'm always searching through. I'll just let you have one since I got it for free. I got 2 that are chrome with the flat black backing, and 1 that is just the chrome Eagle logo without the black back. Just let me know which one you want if you want one of mine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back