The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G FWD shutters like crazy

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoolio

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 3, 2003
Port Charlotte, Florida
Well i finally got my car back together, i picked up a used tranny, guy said it was perfect, and i know its not, but anyways, as soon as i put it in took it down the road and it shutters and slips like crazy, i have an exedy stage 2 clutch + PP, and i reinstalled my factory flywheel after my fidanza crapped out on me, pretty much it loosend up and messed it up pretty bad, and i think it keeps losening up cause the transmission seems to be slipping and the whole car shutters like crazy. anyone got any ideas?

How old is the clutch you're using? Did you turn the flywheel before putting it in? I can slip the clutch slipping, not the tranny. And if the flywheel bolts are coming out, you probably didn't torque them down tight enough. You did torque them correct? I also use some blue loc-tite when I do it. I hate red cause they're hard to get out. Sounds more like a clutch problem to me though.

Also wondering if you're just having clutch chatter for the shudder you're talking about.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back