The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 1g fwd question - lost synchronizer keys

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breadvans

Proven Member
May 16, 2021
Harrisburg, Oregon
I’m in the process of putting my transmission together and i lost these parts. It’s these little rectangles that hold a clip on, but I’ve also seen on others transmissions that they don’t have them? So i was hoping someone could identify them and how to buy them? And then also elaborate what they do and if they’re necessary? I drew a pic of one of them. There’s 3 that i had

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If it's the solid metal rectangles (small box shaped) that I think you're pointing to, they are the synchronizer keys. Yes they are crucial and you must have them or it won't shift properly (keeps synchronizer sleeve in proper alignment). PM Twicks69 for them.

He means the circular clip looking thing that sits in the hub (1 on each side) and pushes against the keys. It's called a spring because it exerts a springy outward force against the keys.

Last edited:
This is the 3-4 hub (instead of your 5th) but you can see the clips holding the keys. This is on my 1999 GST but yours most likely will be similar.

Last edited:
Depends on when your 1990 was produced.

Production date before 89.02.04 and you'd need MD742778

after that date and through 90.06.01, you'd need MD742777

Depends on when your 1990 was produced.

Production date before 89.02.04 and you'd need MD742778

after that date and through 90.06.01, you'd need MD742777
I think I’ve found the correct keys on jacks transmissions. Does anyone where the proper shim kit is for the differential?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back