The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1-2 Synchronizer assembley

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you are referring to the hub/slider assembly (they usually come with synchros), then the 1/2 for a 92 AWD is right around $120. Verify with your dealer the correct part #. Ordering tranny parts is one of the worst experiences to have when buying OEM parts.

If you have to replace the assembly, you might as well upgrade it to the dual cone assembly from a 93+. Total price would be under $300 for the new assembly, keys and springs, 2nd speed gear, new 1st syncro, new dual cone 2nd syncro, and both input shaft bearings... basically a complete rebuild on the imput shaft. It should be a direct fit for you.

And syncros do not come with the assembly. Neither do the keys and springs. You need to order all of that stuff seperately.

If you want part numbers for the upgraded OEM parts to get, let me know since I just got mine the other day.

Originally posted by samuraitekno
Anyone know what the price of this part is and where i can get one from? Its the only thing i need in my Tranny

Mike

I bought 2nd gear (93-94 year, D33A chassis code) and double synchro rings for $120 from Conicelli mitsu. You don't really need the hub/slider, keys, and retaining springs unless they are really worn off a lot. Before you buy this upgrade make sure the intermediate shaft will fit with the upgraded second gear. 90-91.5 (D27A) has smaller int shaft diameter.

1st gear is like 50 bucks from Conicelli also.

Her are the part #:
1st gear: MD743179
1st g synchro ring: MD742419 (Same for 2nd if you're not ugrading to double)
2nd gear: MD743572
2nd double sync: MD745896

I wasnt planning on buying a new gear. i need a syncro assem. my gears are fine.. i just cant shift into first. Its the syncro assem. But thanks for the info.

Mike

When you say syncronizer assembly, do you mean syncronizer (aka blocking ring) or do you mean the hub/sleeve (syncronizer assembly is what mistubishi calls it).....

If you need the syncros, they are $20 or less from Mitsu. If you need the 1/2 hub/sleeve, it will run you around $80 from Mitsubishi.

I just called conicelli about em and was quoted $110.87 for 1/2 hub/slider assembly and $102.73 for 3/4 assembly, where are you guys getting the cheaper prices? ???

Oops. I put pricing for the dual second syncro. My mistake. Yeah, I paid 110 for the hub/slider. You also need the 3 keys and 2 springs for the assembly. Be sure you follow the manual on how to assemble it.

Originally posted by NJGSX96
Oops. I put pricing for the dual second syncro. My mistake. Yeah, I paid 110 for the hub/slider. You also need the 3 keys and 2 springs for the assembly. Be sure you follow the manual on how to assemble it.

And make sure the hub/slider punch side goes toward the clutch housing for 1g tranny. Good luck.

Originally posted by samuraitekno
I wasnt planning on buying a new gear. i need a syncro assem. my gears are fine.. i just cant shift into first. Its the syncro assem. But thanks for the info.

Mike

If you want to do double synchro on 2nd, you will need a new 2nd gear, unless you have 93 and up model already.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back