The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G fwd half shaft mod troubles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmcar

Proven Member
Aug 6, 2013
Portage, Michigan
Just replaced driver side control arm, wheel bearing, and while I was at it I installed half shaft from AWD. Everything seems good but when I tighten the axle nut to the specific torque, the axle locks right up. I can turn it but it is very difficult. Ny ideas what I'm missing or what I did wrong?

Did you make sure you seated the wheel bearing in the hub assembly correct? you could be sqeezing the wheel bearing. i guess what im saying is did you press the spindle into the bearing far enough?

If the spindle had not been pressed in enough the two bearing races would be wobbling because. Are you sure the inner and outer seals have been pressed in correctly and all the way in? I don't think the ELHS modification has anything to do with it or the wheel would be hard to spin as soon as the axle engages the spindle spline.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back