The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G DSM AUTO Sleeper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxthepersonz

Supporting VIP
Feb 3, 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
So guys I started this car out in 2014. Saved money and worked my ass off to buy it. I was 18 years old and bought the car with a 16g turbo, injectors, wally 255, 850cc injectors, ECM link v3, stock interior, and some other basic go fast parts for the 16g. The car was extremely clean with a legit 54000 original miles on it! Since then I have poured a lot of money into it and decided to start a thread for the car. Here is the car when I first purchased it :) Of course I did some stuff to it before these pictures but I can barely remember. Mostly new hardware in some places and cleaning everything up.

Stock 6 Bolt block 272 Crower cams, Springs and Retainers.

FB_IMG_1440585552950[1].jpg
10460830_10203283469239306_1300959878021022185_o.jpg
11156358_10205350246947457_8099988002122635643_n.jpg

This is where things became interesting. I really liked the purple on white theme so I decided to continue it. I also wanted the car to go faster (who doesn't!) I decided to pick up a FP Green turbo, a purple Tial F38 38mm wastegate, a JMF race manifold that I got for a great price from a friend. Then just to continue with the purple theme (and me wanting to run e85) I got a Fuel Lab filter, Fuel lab FPR, and a JMF purple brake fluid cap for some extra bling ;) as well as some PTE 1200cc injectors!
IMG_20150609_180202[1].jpg

IMG_20150528_202848[1].jpg

And then this happened....
IMG_20150601_230357[1].jpg

Last edited:
At this point I decided to do a full ABS delete cause I hated the look of it. I purchased a STM ABS delete which worked very well! I also decided to relocate the battery to the trunk. I used a Taylor racing kit. Both of these products were very high quality and the install of them was nice and easy! Besides running the power wire through the stock wire harness location. Took hours but I refused to drill a hole in my car! I also got a non cruise throttle cable installed.

Sorry for skipping so many build step pictures.. I'll take more when I do later things but here is what I came up with :)
rsz_20150913_165945[2].jpg
rsz_20150913_165955[1].jpg

Thanks to Kiggly Racing, JNZ, IPT, and Extreme PSI, for all the awesome parts and fast shipping time. Restalled converter, front and end clutches, flex plate, filter, t case seals, valve body plate, shift kit, axle seals, OEM and ARP hardware all new! All going in tomorrow! I'm very excited.
IMG_20150917_013413[1].jpg

Starting to realize how much money I have sunk into this thing LOL.. End restult will be well worth it :) Yes that's a Kiggly shotglass got it at the shootout!
rsz_20150917_015002[1].jpg

How long are those ARP flex plate bolts compared to the OEM auto bolts? A lot of people use the 5spd bolts that are a little longer and modify them. The factory auto bolts are a little short with using the thicker kiggly flex plate.

Looking forward to your results with the FP Green and how the trans feels :) I'll be doing all that stuff very soon.

Last edited:
How long are those ARP flex plate bolts compared to the OEM auto bolts? A lot of people use the 5spd bolts that are a little longer and modify them. The factory auto bolts are a little short with using the thicker kiggly flex plate.

Looking forward to your results with the FP Green and how the trans feels :) I'll be doing all that stuff very soon.

Now that they're in the car I couldn't give your an exact measurement. Good to know for if I ever need a even more advanced converter. As far as I remember they were slightly longer and I loctited the crap out of them. Will post hp numbers and time slips when I have them :)

Ran into some issues while building the trans but as of now everything works awesome and have been getting some tuning in today! The car shifts AWESOME compared to before!

Also here's some more parts I picked up for the car!
D2 Drag coilovers
HKS genuine cam gears

img_20150925_130214[1].jpg

fb_img_1452280656018.jpg
20160114_230841.jpg
Well guys I haven't posted for awhile so here's what I've been up to. I removed all of my suspension to get ready to install coilovers.

Here's where I decided to go all out. I'm dropping my front and rear subframes, installing a bullfab front crossmember, installing all poly bushings, and sandblasting and recoating all the subframes. I also picked up brand new MOOG control arms, inner and outer tie rods. My car doesn't need any of this but why not have all new suspension :)

Last edited:
I also picked up a full set of Motegi Traklite wheels 17x8 which I'll be getting tires for soon.

I pulled my valve cover, my FP intake, and picked up a VS3 catch can THANKS DSM WISEMAN CALAN for these awesome catch cans! Anyways I sent all of that to Detective Coating to have 8an installed in the Cover, a 10an bung in the intake, and everything powder coated Illusion Violet :D I'll post pictures of the results.

STM also hooked me up with these purple Vibrant an fittings! Excited to see how this car turns out forsure.
20160114_012333.jpg
fb_img_1452556145548.jpg
received_1266108113402938.jpeg
received_1266108153402934.jpeg

Great build! You're making a lot of progress in a relatively short period of time. Keep us posted and good luck!

rsz_20160205_142053.jpg
Picked up a Kiggly HLA today! Thanks again Kevin for still making new stuff for our cars. Keeps more oil in the block and runs the head at a constant pressure for those who don't know.

Well I have been super busy working 6 days a week and attending school 5 days a week WTF but I have still managed to make some progress. I have got all of the bushings out of the subframes, picked up a 4 bolt rear end, and also picked up a manual steering rack that I somehow found! I also got rear tubular upper control arms. Thought I'd get as much of the new suspension stuff I got, along with a few new OEM things in one pic before I put it back together. Subframes and parts of the rear end are at the powdercoater :sneaky:

20160225_140605[1].jpg
20160225_140853[1].jpg
20160225_140911[1].jpg
20160225_140924[1].jpg

Well I picked up a new rear subframe from Miller imports. As well as all non ABS hubs (because I want this abs delete done right, no sensors/holes in the hubs going to nothing).

Also got a Bullfab mustache bar, option #2 crossmember from 99gst_racer a moderator on here, and on Friday just about everything I have left suspension related is going to the powdercoater.

I'm totally up for any input from anyone that thinks I could do something better, add something, etc.

Well I picked up a new rear subframe from Miller imports. As well as all non ABS hubs (because I want this abs delete done right, no sensors/holes in the hubs going to nothing).

Also got a Bullfab mustache bar, option #2 crossmember from 99gst_racer a moderator on here, and on Friday just about everything I have left suspension related is going to the powdercoater.

I'm totally up for any input from anyone that thinks I could do something better, add something, etc.
Car is looking good, I love seeing clean 1g builds, you make me want to get up off my a%% and start my build thread. I had justin @ detective coating do all my 1g parts in that same color, he does awesome work. How did those agx's ride on the suspension tech springs? im comtemplating on those or Bilstein Touring Class shocks and struts.

Car is looking good, I love seeing clean 1g builds, you make me want to get up off my a%% and start my build thread. I had justin @ detective coating do all my 1g parts in that same color, he does awesome work. How did those agx's ride on the suspension tech springs? im comtemplating on those or Bilstein Touring Class shocks and struts.

Honestly was the best riding 1g I've ever been in. Forgot what exactly the struts were adjusted to. I've owned multiple 1gs though and been in several others. Rode better than Megan coils, or Ground Controls on new struts. I'd definitely recommend them for a good riding street car.

I'll post up how my D2s ride in May once they're on and the car is out cruising.

I've driven my car with D2 coilovers and a stock wheel set up, it rode very stiff

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back