The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G 1g CAS wiring in 2ga

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gst-turbo

Proven Member
Nov 7, 2012
Petaluma, California
I’m currently lost on how to wire in my 1g cas in my 95 2g. Been looking around can’t find a good answer I currently have the install harness but on my sensor the connector is cut off so I don’t know we’re the wires go. On the cas there 4 wires red, yellow, black and brown? On the crank sensor there’s a gray wire that gose to the harness side meaning that I would have an extra wire?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You need to clarify what you have and what you don't.

A true adapter harness should have three connectors: one for the 1G CAS, all four wires in place, one connector with three wires, and one connector with a single wire running to the it. These should connect to your engine control harness. If the connector(s) on your engine harness is (are) missing, then you can either cut off the plugs from the adapter harness to hardwire it in or purchase the proper connector(s) to install on your engine control harness and plug in the adapter harness.

Also, the harness you have would be for a '91-'94 CAS, if the CAS you have is from a '90 (the CAS that has a pigtail built in that may have been cut off, judging by what you've written in your post), you'd need to perform additional wiring to make it work.

So what CAS?
What makes up this adapter harness?
What plug is missing?
What wire(s) doesn't have a home?

Pictures would be nice. Organized, detailed descriptions would be, too.

Picture of the harness I have below. What has a home is from harness side to adaptor harness the cam sensor. Also has a home is crank sensor from harness side to adapter harness. What dose not is sensor to 1g cam sensor

Last edited:
Got it. So you've got the wrong adapter for that CAS. The CAS is a 1990 style with the pigtail harness built in. The adapter harness is for a 1991-1994 CAS where the connector plugs directly into the CAS. So, there's a number of ways to resolve this. Here's a few, in no particular order:
1) cut off the 1G CAS connector from the adapter harness and hard wire to your 1990 CAS wiring​
2) cut off the 1G CAS connector from the adapter harness and refit the adapter harness and 1990 CAS with a new 4-pin mating connector pair - I would recommend going with the original 1990 style​
3) find a 1991-1994 CAS​
4) try to find a mating 1991-1994 style connector to install on your 1990 CAS wiring, though I'm not sure that this exists​

I’m currently lost on how to wire in my 1g cas in my 95 2g. Been looking around can’t find a good answer I currently have the install harness but on my sensor the connector is cut off so I don’t know we’re the wires go. On the cas there 4 wires red, yellow, black and brown? On the crank sensor there’s a gray wire that gose to the harness side meaning that I would have an extra wire?

If you decide you want a more plug and play set up, Magnus sells a 6 bolt swap conversion harness for a good price. It uses both signals from the 1g cas without any splicing that route. I run that harness set up to run with a Kiggly v2 crank trigger sensor and the signal still inverted through ecmlink v3. I only had to eliminate the crank signal and wire it into an extra stock female connector I had laying around.

I would have suggested getting a 93+ Blacktop CAS so you don't have to go cutting things again when the 90 CAS fails and less likely to get random misfires but things are what they are.

90 CAS Wires:
1 Black Ground
2 Red +12V Power
3 White TDC (1G ECU Pin 22)
4 Yellow Crank (1G ECU Pin 21)

91-94 CAS:
1 White TDC (1G ECU Pin 22 2G ECU Pin 88)
2 Black Crank (1G ECU Pin 21 2G ECU Pin 89)
3 Red +12V Power
4 Black Ground

With your adapter I'm guessing the yellow wire from the 90 CAS goes to the orange wire on the adapter and the Black wire from the CAS goes to the Brown wire on your adapter with the rest to their matching colors.

In any case you should verify the connections to to the right places with a multimeter.
Maybe @Justin DuBois can take a look, I think he has some experience in this area.

I concur with Steve's breakdown. As he mentioned, we're assuming the adapter is built correctly so it is really up to you to verify that the connectors going to your engine control harness are wired correctly to work. If it is built properly, then it would be:

Fixed, per Steve's post below.

Last edited:
Damn my [colorblind] eyes!

Thanks for that. I was reading the diagram posted above too quickly and incorrectly. Fixed it.

Thanks everyone one so my new plug wires are engine from left to right 4321 to also from left to right on coil 3214 correct? And I need to hit the option on ecmlink for 1g cas

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back