The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g/2g AWD transmission parts??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92EagleAWD

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2008
Vero Beach, Florida
Ok, so i just got a 2g awd tranny for $250 :hellyeah: but the guy said it would pop out of 4th gear every once in a while, so upon inspection the slider was dirty as hells, and the syncro, and the gear itself both look pretty worn out. Does anyone know if i can use parts from a 1g tranny? like 4th gear? i know some of the gear ratios are different but what can i use from my 3 1g trannies i have? i just need 4th gear, slider and syncro. but i have brand new syncros so never mind them.

You would have to swap 3rd, 4th, the 3/4 hub and slider assembly, the synchros, springs and keys, the shift fork and the shift rail end for 3/4. This is if you have a late 1991-1994 transmission with the same gear tooth profile. You cannot just swap out one part for another unless they are late 1992-1999 as they have the same ratios, gear tooth profiles and synchronized designs. Late 1991-early 1992 have the same gear tooth profile but use the 2-hole shift fork, smaller diameter/thicker hub and slider assembly, smaller synchros, etc. and require the parts I described above.

Tim Zimmer via Evo Phone

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back