The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support ExtremePSI

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Year
Model/Trim
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

idkiliketurbos

Proven Member
Mar 2, 2009
Appleton, Wisconsin
Just when you think you're out, your right back! I sold my last GSX to purchase a C6 Corvette which I quickly became uninterested in. I sold the Corvette this summer with the intention of buying something different. And then I saw this car for sale. I've had multiple red 2GB GSX's in the past and just purchased another one! I purchased this 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX from the original owner with 91k miles on the car! The car was all stock with the exception of a Thermal R&D catback, Tein Flex Z coilovers, some ugly aftermarket wheels, and a few small pieces on the interior. Overall, the car is in fantastic shape for the age! Here are a few pictures!
unnamed (10).jpg

unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (8).jpg

I plan to keep the car mostly stock, but I will be doing a few bolt-ons along with a set of wheels for this coming spring. As for now, the car is being stored for the winter where I'll work on a few small things that I'd like to fix on the car. I purchased a brand new Apexi N1 catback to replace the Thermal R&D exhaust as it is my favorite exhaust for these cars. I also purchased an all black leather shift boot to replace the black with red stitching shift boot that the previous owner installed.

unnamed (7).jpg

More updates to come as parts come in!

idkiliketurbos

Proven Member
Mar 2, 2009
Appleton, Wisconsin
I haven’t done a whole lot over winter as the car as parked and I accumulated some parts. I ended up installing the Apexi N1 exhaust with a Megan Racing downpipe in the middle of winter on one of the warmer days. My wife also picked up the Evo 8 recently as well!

F26B106D-40D0-40C3-8558-AF4BB24B7EE4.jpeg

This past weekend we finally had some warmer weather so I pulled the car outside and got some more work done to it!

I started with some shifter components. I found a used B&M short throw shifter, Energy suspension shifter base bushings, DSM 3D creations shift selector bushing, along with some OEM replacements.

F23CA8B7-7CF0-4E4A-B115-CE5D82C696F9.jpeg

While I was in there I installed a brand new OEM shift knob and replaced the red-stitched shift boot. I forgot to mention, I also picked up a set of OEM floor mats a while back as well!

EE64892C-419C-41BA-9C04-05EF982FE341.jpeg

I figured I would take one last picture of the stock engine bay before I did a few basic bolt on modifications.

E90F2657-989B-4291-B030-DF98C102E66B.jpeg

I found a great deal on an Evo 9 bov from a member on the forum that I installed to replace the plastic BOV. Also installed an Injen intake for some added turbo noises!

763325D5-2E63-4445-978E-3D9995EA7991.jpeg

That is about it for updates from the winter up to present day! I do have a set of wheels ordered for the car that should be here sometime in April! I cannot wait to get rid of the ugly wheels that are currently on the car.

As far as future plans go, I haven’t quite decided yet. As much as I’d love to leave this car as close to stock as possible, that just isn’t why I like these cars. I think it will end up receiving some more mods next winter and I’ll most likely do a full engine bay restoration. Painting the engine bay along with restoring the worn/corroded parts would be ideal as it looks like the most aged portion of the car.

More updates to come!

idkiliketurbos

Proven Member
Mar 2, 2009
Appleton, Wisconsin
I finally received the wheels that I purchased back in November! I ended up going with a set of Gram Lights 57dr 18x8.5 +37 with Nitto NT555G2 tires 245/40/18. They fit the car great and look fantastic! I will be lowering the car just slightly as it looks a little monster truck-ish in person yet. I just want to avoid any sort of rubbing so I won't be lowering the car too much more. Here are a few pictures as it sits now!

unnamed (16).jpg
unnamed (18).jpg
wheels1.jpg

unnamed (15).jpg

Now that the weather is starting to warm up, I'll be driving the car more often! I'm starting to collect parts for some future upgrades such as ECMLink V3, however, I haven't quite decided how far I want to go with the car. I've had an evo 3 16g on my previous car but I only found that setup to be fun on E85. I also had an FP3052 setup which I loved, however, this turbo setup is nearly impossible to find. I've been looking into the FP green as well.

That is all for the updates as of now!

Down_South_DSM

Probationary Member
May 13, 2019
Independence, Kentucky
I finally received the wheels that I purchased back in November! I ended up going with a set of Gram Lights 57dr 18x8.5 +37 with Nitto NT555G2 tires 245/40/18. They fit the car great and look fantastic! I will be lowering the car just slightly as it looks a little monster truck-ish in person yet. I just want to avoid any sort of rubbing so I won't be lowering the car too much more. Here are a few pictures as it sits now!

View attachment 627240View attachment 627241View attachment 627242
View attachment 627239

Now that the weather is starting to warm up, I'll be driving the car more often! I'm starting to collect parts for some future upgrades such as ECMLink V3, however, I haven't quite decided how far I want to go with the car. I've had an evo 3 16g on my previous car but I only found that setup to be fun on E85. I also had an FP3052 setup which I loved, however, this turbo setup is nearly impossible to find. I've been looking into the FP green as well.

That is all for the updates as of now!
Very nice GSX! black wheels look a lot better on red!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds