The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

16 turbo installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paintballaa5

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 23, 2012
Houston, Texas
So I was planning on getting a 16g, injectors and pump and a tuning device later down the road.

Except came past an offer I cant pass up, but I dont wanna jump into this too quickly as i am still in highschool, and money doesnt just pile up.

Besides the install kit, is there anything that needs to be done to properly run the car with the big 16g? As long as I keep boost psi down some of course.

Thanks!

Toss is a walbro 255 keep boost low intel you get ecmlink and some big injectors from 750cc-1000cc if your staying on pump gas. Maybe fmic exhaust etc but that is all you need j pipe too. Yea but just a walbro 255 and low boost you will be ok.

Link is always a great tuing device, visual, and does a lot more, even some evo 560ccs are a great match, with a stock smic, or fmic. At least get a logger or way to tune it, again comes down to preference.

If you go with a 255pump you run the concern of needing a fpr, while a 190walbro + rewire will easily keep up with the 16g and no fpr is required, some larger injectors and dsmlink to tune with. Hardpiping for smic, if not going fmic. If boost is up'd you'll enter an area where your clutch will slip, so your call on how much power your going for, will determine what you need.

So I was planning on getting a 16g, injectors and pump and a tuning device later down the road.

Except came past an offer I cant pass up, but I dont wanna jump into this too quickly as i am still in highschool, and money doesnt just pile up.

Besides the install kit, is there anything that needs to be done to properly run the car with the big 16g? As long as I keep boost psi down some of course.

Thanks!

First, whats in the package youre getting? For a 16G at most youll need (in the future) 550's, FP, SAFC. You can get by with the stock side mount for quite a while too. A way to monitor your A/R would be nice (voltmeter, gauge etc).

Toss is a walbro 255 keep boost low intel you get ecmlink and some big injectors from 750cc-1000cc if your staying on pump gas. Maybe fmic exhaust etc but that is all you need j pipe too. Yea but just a walbro 255 and low boost you will be ok.

Seriously? Im sad to share the same User Title as you...also English please?

If you go with a 255pump you run the concern of needing a fpr, while a 190walbro + rewire will easily keep up with the 16g and no fpr is required, some larger injectors and dsmlink to tune with. If boost is up'd you'll enter an area where your clutch will slip, so your call on how much power your going for, will determine what you need.

Why do people think an AFPR is only for LOWERING pressure? And why does everyone go straight to a Link? Does everyone get commission from each sale?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back