The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

11 Second pumpgas Big16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congrats on the time. I am looking to take a second off that time with my 50 trim on the stock bottom end.

That is sweet, i went 11.9 on E85 with my B16G, 28psi spike settled to 18psi.
I feel like a douche.

Good job, I am going back to a evo 16G from a scm61 (available by the way) and i hope to hit mid 11s on E85

Hey you guys running the CAI how did you make it. Can I still make one with running the 2g mas.

I run MAF-T... but basically I have a Dejon 3" pipe, then a coupler, and a 3" 90* elbow that goes down to where the stock SMIC would sit. I do need to fabricate some ducting to force air to the filter, rather than letting it just kinda go there.

I run MAF-T... but basically I have a Dejon 3" pipe, then a coupler, and a 3" 90* elbow that goes down to where the stock SMIC would sit. I do need to fabricate some ducting to force air to the filter, rather than letting it just kinda go there.

Hey Ryan, take some pics of your CAI setup. Im interested in seeing it.

Idk but after doing my CAI my only concern was preventing it from getting wet.
Just getting it out of the hot engine bay is good enough, the engine will be able to pull in the air fine on its own, or if not better if it doesnt have the air rushing past it so fast without any guidance. What i mean is the high speed air may actually pass the filter too fast for it to get sucked in if theres no splash shield or anything behind the filter blocking the air from just going into the fenderwell or under the car or something. Basically trapping the air with the filter is what I mean. I picture it like a person sticking there head out the window of a moving car at 80mph on the highway , its harder to breathe because the air is going by too fast.... That probably isnt a good analogy but at least how I see it, so yea making something to guide, or hold the air with the filter probably is smart.
For me my splash shield essentially does that also.

Never thought of it that way...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The filter just kind of sits out there in the open. If it rains a lot, I just pull off the 90* elbow and run the filter in the stock location. 2 minutes for it to be stock... Quick change;) And I honestly think it helps spool a good amount. I will have to do back to back logs to verify it. Don't mind under the hood... it's messy:)

Thanks Ryan.

Yea you should do a engine bay clean up, I recall you not being one to want to relocate your battery to the rear, but on my old gst back in the day I just made a bracket and dropped it on the subframe and it still gave it a cleaner appearance, and also a painted valve cover and cruise control removal would do you wonders LOL.

Anyways, yea you should definitly try the sheetmetal splash shield that I have made.
It didnt take me very long, and I didnt even do it all the well but I fear no rain now.

Mind you that I live in FL, and I have already driven thru torrential downpours with this CAI setup LOL.
As long as you put some thought into how the water would have to make it to the actual intake you should be able to set up your splash shield to be very effective. Check the link above and see how I did mines, switching the intake from cold air to short ram has to get old especially if you were just out on the town and didnt except any rain, and not every time is ideal to go popping the hood and tinkering you know what i mean....

Cruise is staying, for now atleast. VC, this one's sandblasted, but I want to get one powdercoated. In time. The motor really needs to be pulled to make it look pretty... but the way I look at it, it gets the job done, so it's fine. I normally run a heatshield on the exhaust manifold, but I was letting the paint dry on it when I took the pic. My old car I did make the battery sit low also, I need to do that with this, I just need to figure out a battery tiedown method for it.

Rain I'll just avoid puddles, but If it's too bad, I'll just return the air filter back to the stock location. Easy fix.

Congrats on reaching your goal, that's MOVIN' on pump and a B16G! Sounds like some great driving as well! :thumb:

Tom

Congrats on reaching your goal, that's MOVIN' on pump and a B16G! Sounds like some great driving as well! :thumb:

Tom

Thanks Tom, means a lot to me. No doubt your 4" core is helping. I'm always recommending your kit/cores to people I meet, I'm truely satisfied with it.

Definatley an awesome car, but doesn't belong here. Looks to be a full out race car, on slicks and most likely race gas. My car is my daily driver, on it's daily fuel and tires.

So what is the inside on running that 11's? What changed?

Changed since? I'm confused:D

This makes me even more motivated to see how fast I can get my S16G to go! GOOD JOB!! :thumb:

those are some pretty impressive times for what is technically a modest setup.

devin drives that car everyday that day it was on c116. But he has run 11.3 on 93 octane and that was on a 2g pistoned 6-bolt with stock rods and a stock unported head.

Changed since? I'm confused:D

What changed since your previous best of 12.1 @ 113.
As far as I know you've been running at the track on pump gas this whole time right?

So parts wise, your difference in time was just from the ETS FMIC? The cams and fp mani were not installed during your 11.9 @ 115 correct?

What changed since your previous best of 12.1 @ 113.
As far as I know you've been running at the track on pump gas this whole time right?

So parts wise, your difference in time was just from the ETS FMIC? The cams and fp mani were not installed during your 11.9 @ 115 correct?

Correct. I've never ran race gas yet. I ran 103 unleaded once last year, that did nothing. Changes from last year are the 4" thick ETS core, and a 3" turboback. That's pretty much it. Better tune. Maybe one or 2 SMALL things that I'm forgetting.

I just ordered all timing/cam hardware, so hopefully cams will be in this weekend or next. Possibly the FP manifold soon too, theres a track rental on the 13th that I'm attending.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back