The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

11.32 @ 130mph with a stock rebuilt block

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewTurboTuner

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2006
Rslv, Arkansas
It's torward the end of the racing season so I decided to buy some race gas and turn up the boost.

Last night at Battle Of The Imports I ran a best of 11.32 @ 130mph. It felt good. Earlier I ran a 11.33 @ 117mph... letting off right after the 1000ft mark, because I didnt want to get disqualified for going too fast without a roll bar. The motor set-up took it well, and is still running great. The 130mph trap was with 28psi. I ran alot of 127mph traps on 26psi too. I have a stock rebuilt block consisting of 1G rods, re-used original rod bolts, 2G pistons, ARP head studs, & Mitsu 4-layer metal head gasket. It held up surprisingly well :) There were faster cars in my Class, but I got lucky... 1 car was disqualified for going too fast without a cage, one was cought sleeping at the light and got eliminated, and another missed a shift. All that along with my consistent driving allowed me to take 1st place in the Street Tuner Class, yeay:)

Here are the slips:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Congrats man thats badass. Our stock motors are indestructable.

his car is tuned on aem, witch he is tuning him self...his numbers were good but what was the most impressive was the fact that is did it on some skinny ass tires that had been sitting under a tree for three years

It seems all the faster cars are on aem. Maybe its just me, but congrats clean 1g.

Thanks guys

Hey it was nice meeting you too

yeah its a AEM EMS car and yeah I had some old, hard, skinny 205 tires on there:coy: I'm just glad they did as well as they did:)
.....Mainly I just wanted to let you guys know what a good running stock internal bottom end is capable of ....people have been telling me a solid bottom end will hold, and now I know what they mean.:thumb: With sticky tires they would have easily been 10sec runs!;)

Thanks guys

Hey it was nice meeting you too

yeah its a AEM EMS car and yeah I had some old, hard, skinny 205 tires on there:coy: I'm just glad they did as well as they did:)
.....Mainly I just wanted to let you guys know what a good running stock internal bottom end is capable of ....people have been telling me a solid bottom end will hold, and now I know what they mean.:thumb: With sticky tires they would have easily been 10sec runs!;)

Lets grab some bigger tires and i have a bov you can borrow, lets hit the track up on Wednesday, turn up the boost and go 4 broke

Yeah I know ....turning up the boost actually hurt my 1/8 mile time because I couldnt hook up.
I only gained time over my previous best on the 2nd half of the track.

My goal this year was 11.5 so I'm fairly happy. It'd be nice to see a 10, but oh well I'm still on a stock internal motor, and shite tires:p
Next year when I have a built motor, and sticky tires I'll go after Jeff's times:thumb:

Yeah I know ....turning up the boost actually hurt my 1/8 mile time because I couldnt hook up.

My goal this year was 11.5 so I'm fairly happy. It'd be nice to see a 10, but oh well I'm still on a stock internal motor, and shite tires:p
Next year when I have a built motor, and sticky tires I'll go after Jeff's times:thumb:

for goodness sake, you have AEM you could have set it to have low boost off the line till you hit a certain mph then had it go to full boost.

for goodness sake, you have AEM you could have set it to have low boost off the line till you hit a certain mph then had it go to full boost.

:beatentodeath:

when you need some sticky tires come see me at the Monroe Les Schwab and I'll give you a discount.

for street tires the T1R is a good summer street tire, but if your looking for all out badass, either special order some slicks or RA1s

Slicks for all out racing, but I want to be able to drive to the track and click off 10.80's in street trim.

Hey very nice run, i think you should run it again and only let off at half track to get better and leaving the line, then when you get the perfect launch nailed then go all out Maybe try to get some wider street tires, and try to do this at night when it gets a little cooler out.

its a drag car not a track car

SLICKS

Yeah true, but the more I think about it .....I'm starting to lean back towards my original plan to build a sick street car (basically a barely street legal race car). A 500awhp, all turbo, 92oct pump gas terror. I could never compete with the Top Race Cars in our area ....I'll never have enough $$$ to keep up.

I'd like to hit 9's some day (with slicks i'm not too far off), but a low 10sec street car is just sIIIIIIIIIIIck!

I'm glad to see I'm setting bench marks for you guys to chase. After last night at PIR I stacked numerous runs at the 10.5 and 10.6 mark. I also set a new best of 135.38 mph. My 2g ran 11.5 at 124 on ra-1's with only 24 psi and full show car weight. my 1-g set up is for sale because the speed bug has bitten real bad and I cant let Jake M. and Paul N. have all the fun on 42r's. So whats for sale, FP 3065, 3"o2,' dnp header, tial 44 mm gate, dsm link, and english racing full 3" stealth exhaust with wastegate rerouted into DP for super quietness. I'm asking $3500 for everything so come and get it, PROVEN to run 10.5's on E-98 Ethanol. Jeff

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back