The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 107-6002 Rod Bolt Torque Spec

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97egl

Proven Member
Feb 6, 2014
Brownsburg, Indiana
ARP lists the torque spec for their 107-6002 rod bolts as 26 ft lbs with their ultra torque lubricant. (I don't have a stretch gauge) This seems low to me I'm probably wrong but just want to make sure their site is listing it correctly. All their other rod bolts for Mitsubishis are 40 ft lbs and any other cars i've ever done have not had that low of a torque spec lower than high 30's. Also interestingly the stretch listed for the mitsubishis is close to what is listed for these but the torque spec is way lower...

If someone can verify what it is supposed to be that would be great. They are installed in stock 7 bolt rods.

Thanks

For future searches sake (107-6001) the 9mm 6 bolt specs are 40 lb ft or .0060" stretch. Obviously with the ARP stretch tool costing about $160 people are gonna use the lb ft method, but the bolt stretch method is highly recommend if the proper tools are available. Also, the ARP rod bolt stretch gauge is part number 100-9942, for anyone looking.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back