The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

02 question w/ cel codes stutter at boost.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remz540

Probationary Member
Mar 25, 2012
York, Pennsylvania
I have looked in the forums for the answer.

I have PO125/PO170. Will this cause my 95 tsi awd to stutter under boost??? Also, white puffs of smoke every now and again when coming to a stop. Not alot of smoke just alittle then it stops. I've been driving it and it's ok for the most part. I will try new o2 but my main question is about the stutter at 5 psi. Is this "limp mode" bc of fuel trim. Thanks for the help. I've put almost 1k on the car with the code. I haven't been taking it past 4k rpm. I love this car I'm 40 and at my age this is my choice of car. I hated my Audi a4 and will never go back to that POS. Thanks for helping a old man out u guys r great. I really have no "tune shops" in my area. Cbrd but Mr. Block is a dick about working on things that are "not and evo" never ment a business owner to turn down money for work, Work he should be able to do with his back ground.
#

I have looked in the forums for the answer.

I have PO125/PO170. Will this cause my 95 tsi awd to stutter under boost??? Also, white puffs of smoke every now and again when coming to a stop. Not alot of smoke just alittle then it stops. I've been driving it and it's ok for the most part. I will try new o2 but my main question is about the stutter at 5 psi. Is this "limp mode" bc of fuel trim. Thanks for the help. I've put almost 1k on the car with the code. I haven't been taking it past 4k rpm. I love this car I'm 40 and at my age this is my choice of car. I hated my Audi a4 and will never go back to that POS. Thanks for helping a old man out u guys r great. I really have no "tune shops" in my area. Cbrd but Mr. Block is a dick about working on things that are "not and evo" never ment a business owner to turn down money for work, Work he should be able to do with his back ground.
#

the guys at CBRD do amazing work, yes they really only play with STi's and Evo's but i've never met anyone that can tune a rally car quite like them... atleast in the central pa area. anyway, i just threw a p0170 yesterday after putting on a new o2 sensor and i read that it's the sensor that went out, boost leaks, or vacuum leaks. tighten all your couplers and hoses, then replace the front o2. the code is thrown because the ecu's fuel trims are going crazy.

I wasnt trying to say anything bad about CBRD. I've known of Chad from when he was tuning only euros back in the late 90s. I live 6miles away from the shop it's a nice place. My cousin has a 09 sti and when we went to ask some questions he was a little snobbish. I'm 40 and Im serious about tuning the car. I just thought he would've takin me more seriously. With that said. With the 2 codes I have and the one statement above about coolent. What else should I know about the codes. Is a "wide band 02" better that oem?? Also. Should the new 02 fix both codes. Thanks guys. Alway can count on ppl here.

I wasnt trying to say anything bad about CBRD. I've known of Chad from when he was tuning only euros back in the late 90s. I live 6miles away from the shop it's a nice place. My cousin has a 09 sti and when we went to ask some questions he was a little snobbish. I'm 40 and Im serious about tuning the car. I just thought he would've takin me more seriously. With that said. With the 2 codes I have and the one statement above about coolent. What else should I know about the codes. Is a "wide band 02" better that oem?? Also. Should the new 02 fix both codes. Thanks guys. Alway can count on ppl here.

dont take it the wrong way, i wasn't saying you said anything bad but im sure at $1k for a tune they have a lot of people flake which is why they get snobby. but i understand where your coming from, not a lot of shops around here take me seriously either because im only 18 ( WTF ). The stock narrowband only reads o-1v and a wideband reads 0-5v. the wideband will have a far more accurate display of air/fuel. if you buy an AEM eugo (innovate might be the same) you can put the sensor in the o2 housing and simulate the narrowband signal and still have a wideband at the same time. No shop will tune without a wideband though so it might be in your best interest to get one before tuning.

I'll check on the eugo wideband o2. Do u think that might be the issue with the stutter and boost? As far as CbRd. They wouldn't offer to lookat it. I would have spent the 1k (& pissed my wife off) but again they didn't want my business. Thanks zcoh2gdsm.

The tsi sat for 5 years. I replaced plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, all fluids changed to syn. Pads , rotors, I obviously done all the simple things to her. I do have to do the coils. I'll check the gap in the plugs, maybe they r off alittle. Thanks again. Not sure if the codes would cut my fuel at boost and is thy limp mode??

Just ordered the denso u2. I hope to god that foxes my 2 codes and stops the white smoke.

Made it home. It seemed better no white smoke at idle and the exhaust smelled like fuel alittle. I didn't push it although it goes into boost nice. 5 psi b4 I lift. I dont want to push it yet. I'll reset ecu tomorrow. Also, the temp went half way and stayed. Is this a gd sign?? Tks guys

Ok, I replaced the front o2 and she is running alittle better. I havnt pushed it past 5 psi. My question is do I reset the ecu before I try to take it any further? And if so, how would I reset the ecu. Do I take the neg. Off for 5 mins? I also saw some one post that you turn your headlights to the on position. Please help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back