The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Stutter at boost????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btracer

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2002
reading, Pennsylvania
just like the title says.. when ever i get on it good the car hits at about 3k and sorta dives in and out of power till i let off. need some help bad, mods are big 16g, 550's, evo VII ecu, 1g head, 264/272, etc. no safc and im wandering if im gettin some sort of fuel cut? holds boost at about 19psi. any help is greatly appreciated!

cel's on so tomorrow im gonna go see if i can pull the code

im pretty sure if i lower the boost and reset the ecu it'll be ok. i need to get an s-afc and tune the b!tch.... but any advice is greatly appreciated

btracer said:
im pretty sure if i lower the boost and reset the ecu it'll be ok. i need to get an s-afc and tune the b!tch.... but any advice is greatly appreciated

Wait a minute, you don't have fuel control with 550cc's? Of course the car is going to stutter from being pig rich once it hits boost. :thumb:

the ecu was flashed and programmed for the injectors but i think runnin 19psi is a lil too much.... tomorrow im goin to replace the plugs, check wires, and do a pressue test. hopefully i can get her back on track

well i got some new plugs, im doin a boost leak test, and i ordered a AFCII last night... hopefully ill get her back on the road. thanks a lot guys, i let you know what fixes it

its actually lean, not rich cus the plugs are all white. i lowered the boost and im doin a boost leak test soon, got new plugs and wires comin plus an AFCII. let you guys know what happens

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back