The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Would you use a pneumatic suspension in your vehicle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Never. Terrible idea for track. You can adjust Pressure which only controls height. If you are going to track stick with coil overs.

I know that there are a few companies trying to make air bag systems for track use but I'm old fashioned in this department, and having been a lisenced SCCA pro race driver in Touring 1,2, and GT, I can tell you the beating most coventional suspension systems recieve on track events with 20-30 minute intervals would probably desimate an air bag set up.....Just my oppinion but I think a good set of coil overs would be more advantagious to you in track use than air bags and a good coil over set-up is rebuildable in alot of cases where as an airbag system won't be.......
William

I am too am old fashioned and prefer a decent set of coilovers as opposed to the added weight and complexity of an air suspension system. Though with air suspension you do have the added characteristic of constant spring rates/damping rates when under compression/expansion

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back