The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Would this setup work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyramid

Proven Member
Mar 8, 2014
Topeka, Kansas
Okay so I bought a these tokico blue shocks with skunkworks springs and a coilover sleeves from a friend for $140. now I was wondering if thess Springs would work. Now im NOT trying to SLAM my car.. I want to go with A nice 1.5"-1.8" Drop. I'm running 18x7.5s with 225/35/18

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
They are super easy to install if you have a jack, jack stands, and basic hand tools. You will most likely need an alignment after they are installed. You will likely not like the fact that those struts will be blown in no time with those springs though.

They are super easy to install if you have a jack, jack stands, and basic hand tools. You will most likely need an alignment after they are installed. You will likely not like the fact that those struts will be blown in no time with those springs though.

Agreed. There's also the chance that they're blown already. I believe the Skunk2/Skunkworks/whatever they're called came with springs in the area of 500lbs/inch (560 maybe?) both front and rear, which is way too much for both the HP's (and probably Illumina's as well) to handle.

"easy" ... Sort of... Make sure to have an impact wrench, pb blaster and a torch. There is nothing technical about it but it can be a pain in the ass, as I found out. I would also agree with the previous posts and flush the $140.00. Get a good suspension system, otherwise you're going to be lifting that car up again and replacing your suspension. You also will most likely not enjoy your ride which would suck! If you do go with it, you will need an alignment done.

tokico blues are just stock replacements. They cant handle increased spring rates over stock. Install is pretty straight foward. Remove and replace do some research anyway there are a few write ups and a vid on youtube.

Would I be fine with a little drop? Like 1.5" Drop? I'm not wanting to go flush or anything.

Agreed. There's also the chance that they're blown already. I believe the Skunk2/Skunkworks/whatever they're called came with springs in the area of 500lbs/inch (560 maybe?) both front and rear, which is way too much for both the HP's (and probably Illumina's as well) to handle.
They aren't blown. I wouldn't buy blown sturts..

If you want a drop of that amount just get the tokico advanced handling kit for 2g awd's. It's a matched set of springs and shocks from tokico with a lifetime warranty on the shocks. Drops your 2g awd 1.75" and is only going to make you lose about $600 from your wallet shipped. I can tell that you don't want to drop a ton of money....this is your best option to get you where you want reliably.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back